CONTRACE Public Health Corps
Contact Tracing Jobs Summary
The Contact Tracer will perform COVID-19 case interviews and contact tracing to support the statewide COVID-19 response using a culturally respectful approach that builds trust and facilitates the free sharing of information.
The Contact Tracer will gather information about the case, gather information about the case’s contacts, notify and educate any household/close contacts who are present during the interview, and assess case and household contact needs for services to support isolation/quarantine, including medical care.
The Contact Tracer will use a dedicated data system for collecting and documenting case and contact information obtained from contact interviews. Contact Tracing Jobs
- Field incoming application-specific questions, concerns, and break-fix related incidents
- Conduct telephone calls with persons diagnosed with COVID-19 to complete case interviews, elicit and trace contacts exposed to COVID-19
- Provide follow-up instructions to cases and to contacts related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for medical care and supportive services
- Communicate with cases and contacts in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information from the case interview/contact gathering into the data system
- Follow approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing
- Conduct in-person investigations into congregate settings and selected cases and contacts, as needed
- Maintain daily communication with their Supervising Contact Tracer, as assigned
- Provide information on where to find other social, health resources using approved script/resource list
- Receive telephone consent for potential follow-up calls from LDH or other organizations offering support services
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality.
Information and Physical Security is the responsibility of every employee. In your position you are required to safe guard the computer systems by following proper username and password management which includes selecting challenging passwords and committing them to memory – they should not be written down or stored where others can freely have access.
This also includes securing your desk and workstation when you are not there – this includes locking your session, and putting sensitive paperwork away when not physically at your desk.
You are not to share your username or password with anyone. The physical security of our offices of are equal importance, never shadow or let someone shadow your entry into a Coast Professional, Inc. facility – if this occurs quickly report this action immediately.
You are required to follow all Information Technology policies and procedures in regards to the management of your system accounts and equipment. If you witness any security violation you should immediately report it to management.
- High school diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Health-related professional experience or public health training
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally
- Ability to show empathy and be nonjudgmental towards distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Experience navigating computer systems and ability to comply with data integrity and security policies, safeguarding all personal identifiable information
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Proficiency in languages other than English a plus
All necessary equipment will be provided for Contact Tracers to work from home. You must have an internet connection, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. This position could move to an on-site call center at a later date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Contact Tracing Jobs
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Get More Contact Tracing Jobs here>>>
To apply for this job please visit www.contrace.org.