UPS Jobs – One of the most well-known delivery companies in the world, UPS, or United Parcel Service, features a staff of nearly 400,000 entry-level workers and career professionals. The wide-sweeping operations of the parcel chain enable thousands of job seekers to find meaningful work each year, which includes nearly a dozen divisions operating under one namesake.
Facts About Working at UPS
Minimum Age to Work at UPS: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at UPS?)
UPS Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at UPS: Package Handler, Driver Helper, Package Delivery Driver, Mechanic
UPS Employee Interview Videos
UPS Job Opportunities
The parcel shipping outfit sorts and delivers millions of packages on a daily basis. Applicants looking for UPS jobs regularly find viable employment in sorting, receiving, and delivery. The physically demanding positions require applicants to stand in good health, with the ability to lift as much as 70lbs. or more. DOT physicals also serve as typical requirements for available entry-level opportunities. UPS Jobs
Delivery driver jobs require valid driver’s licenses, as well. Due to overnight shipping services, hours for delivery drivers and sorters may include irregular scheduling, overtime, and holidays.
UPS also offer a wide range of sales jobs. Workers may take advantage of inside sales representative positions featuring full-time hours and competitive salary options. Careers in management and other corporate fields exist with the international parcel shipping company, as well.
Qualifications & experience
Career hopefuls need college educations and related job histories in order to work for the delivery company, while entry-level jobs only require meeting minimum age qualifications and the physical demands of given positions. Applicants must also show willingness to relocate and/or travel, as needed.
United Parcel Service Positions and Salary Information
The physical nature of most entry-level positions limits available jobs to workers 18 and older. UPS provides ongoing training for employees and extends generous pay and work benefits packages in return for strong performances and dedication. Prospective delivery industry workers often apply for the following jobs:
- Each UPS warehouse requires teams of sorters to receive and organize shipments for delivery. The physical requirements of the job include standing, stooping, bending, and lifting for the entire duration of shifts.
- Local sorters work roughly eight hours a day, five days per week, with weekly schedules generally totalling 40 hours.
- Strong, capable, and motivated individuals generally win out over other candidates during the hiring process.
- The parcel service chain screens for reliable and trustworthy individuals as well, due to the handling of potentially valuable packages on a consistent basis.
- Sorters must work quickly and keep up with sometimes gruelling shipment deadlines.
- A typical sorter earns between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour at start, with tenured associates taking in over $40,000 in annual salary options.
Package Delivery Driver
- Known for wearing iconic brown uniforms while on the job, package delivery drivers must maintain good physical health, the ability to perform manual labour, clean driving records, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Time, efficiency, and expediency rank as priorities for package delivery driver positions.
- The job generally features full-time hours, with some overtime possible during busy holiday seasons.
- UPS hires on seasonal delivery drivers to assist with regular staff as needed.
- Annual salary options for package delivery drivers begin at $25,000 and rise to as much as $70,000 with proven work performance.
Inside Sales Representative
The main job duties for inside sales representatives include generating business with small, local companies, and retaining old customers on a commercial level. UPS Jobs
- Workers must possess excellent communication abilities and sales skills.
- Knowledge of UPS products and services also remain vital to the position.
- Inside sales representatives endure six weeks of training at company-sponsored facilities prior to official hiring.
- The entry-level job requires regular travel in addition to bachelor’s degrees and sound decision-making attributes.
- Inside sales representatives work both independently and as part of teams.
- The career opportunity usually features full-time hours.
- Average pay for inside sales representative associates falls between $30,000 and $45,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
As a deadline-oriented company, UPS screens for individuals who possess the ability to meet the demands of working for a parcel shipping firm. Aside from minimum age requirements and physical abilities, the delivery company looks into applicant personalities for motivated demeanors and focused attitudes. Ensuring packages arrive safely and timely to intended destinations requires organization, dedication, and consistency. During the application and interview process, workers should highlight abilities through relatable anecdotes and work experience shared via cover letters and resumes to impress recruitment staff.
Job applicants must create profiles through the company careers page in order to apply for available positions. Once created, the online profile allows workers to apply to multiple positions and check on the status of applications, which applicants access by selecting the My Applications tab on the left-hand side of the screen after logging in. The parcel service may take a week or two to inform candidates of official hiring decisions. UPS Jobs
Benefits of Working at UPS
Both part-time and full-time employees qualify for comprehensive work benefits packages as UPS associates. United Parcel Service offers tuition assistance and health and wellness programs in addition to financial planning employment benefits. Eligible workers enjoy:
- profit-sharing plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- stock purchase plans
- prescription drug plans
- healthcare spending accounts
- life insurance
- disability coverage
- paid time off
More Details on UPS
Widely known for shipping via brown delivery trucks featuring the company-monogrammed emblem, UPS also provides shipping through air freight and ocean services. Both options feature international shipping and full coverage of items shipped. In some cities, United Parcel Service ships packages by bicycle. UPS Jobs
The delivery company orchestrates shipping and receiving through logistics and supply chain branches located throughout the United States. Retail operations under the namesake of The UPS Store connect customers with shipping materials in an effort to expedite the overall process of moving goods.
If you are interested in exploring and applying for the latest job vacancies at UPS across the United States, then click on the “Apply for Job” button to see new jobs and start your application process on the company’s official portal.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs-ups.com.