Achieving sales goals: Works toward achievement of sales goals set by the organization; prioritizes activities that drive market share; Applies marketing and business strategy/tactics to maximize sales outcomes
Business planning: Develops and executes a territory plan that includes prioritized regional goals; Analyzes data to identify viable opportunities; Coordinates and utilizes available resources (plans and organizes regional events programs, luncheons, materials)
Leveraging and coordinating resources: Takes lead role in mobilizing resources in support of customer needs; Uses resources in a smart and impactful way; Digs beneath surface and seeks resources that address the core of an issue; Aligns with other ABMs in overlapping territories; Collaborates with internal teams and cross-functional partners to advance programs and initiatives
Supporting successful patient outcomes: Closely tracks progress of new patients starting treatment (as appropriate in the geography and according to law requirements/restrictions); Informs healthcare providers and other stakeholders regarding access and reimbursement programs (as appropriate in the geography) and ensures appropriate service of Biogen; Ensures availability of product (where applicable); Interacts appropriately with internal compliance experts to ensure efforts are aligned with relevant laws and regulations. Fully oversees the patient flow and identifies necessary steps to maximize regional opportunity
Maintaining best in class knowledge: Demonstrates industry-leading understanding of disease state, products (BIIB and competition), clinical practices, market dynamics, and healthcare systems; Proactively seeks external opportunities for learning, including conferences, seminars, and professional associations; Participates actively in training to acquire and advance knowledge
Conducting administrative follow-through: Keeps timely documentation (e.g., expense reports, compliance related, CRM system) and provides inputs required for planning and coordination. Ensure Performance of Frequency of sales calls on designated customers in the territory; operates in the professional selling approach.
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical/health care sales experience, preferably in speciality sales
- Local territory language knowledge a must; proficiency in English is preferred
- Proven and sustained track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- Work independently while collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory
- Proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
- A command of highly scientific and technical subject matter
- Analytical ability
- Professional presence
- Thrives on autonomy and independence
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Drive and desire for success
The Area Business Manager is expected to maximize territory sales performance by developing and executing an effective business plan.
Doing so necessitates utilizing resources provided by Biogen, analyzing territory performance, defining action plans and implementing local marketing strategies, and organizing programs and related efforts that will positively impact others’ understanding of and interest in the assigned products. All within the internal and external compliance regulations.