SUNDANCE HOLDINGS GROUP, LLC
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah’s Wasatch Mountains.
This pristine place became the Sundance Village, and at the base of the Village was a tiny store. Guests would frequently write letters to the store requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance, and thus the idea for Sundance Catalog was born.
It started small. Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance’s unique items available to a wider audience.
The first edition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989, and since that first catalog, it remains the Sundance vision to share “the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance.”
As Sundance has grown, we have remained rooted in the richness and diversity of the American experience. When you purchase something from Sundance, we appreciate the fact that the prime reason is enjoyment for yourself. But you are also supporting American craftspeople and efforts to enhance and preserve the artistic spirit.
Beginning with the first catalog mailed in 1989, Robert Redford has penned a special message that appears on the inside front cover of every edition. And, in the words of Robert Redford, “To us, Sundance is and always will be a dream. What you see, smell, taste and feel here is a dream being carefully nurtured. It is an area whose pledge is to people. What we offer in the form of art and culture, spirit and service, is homegrown and available to all.”
We are seeking an individual to assist us at our retail store in Lone Tree, Colorado. The Assistant Store Manager partners with the store management team in driving store sales by offering outstanding customer service and delivering persistent attention to detail on the operational side of the business.
Will assist in the selection, training, motivation, and development of a team capable of executing tasks, and maintaining the standards of a world-class retailer. Must effectively supervise all aspects of operations in the store, which includes sales, service, scheduling, payroll management, budgeting, receiving, and housekeeping.
Must be actively engaged in merchandising the store and helping execute where needed, as well as maintaining a positive energetic work environment. Consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer service is essential and you must always lead by example.
- Listens to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the store. You will be the customer service and sales leader of the store. You are responsible for resolving issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Achieves budget sales, payroll, and inventory goals. Analyzes sales trends and develop plans and schedules to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Executes operational tasks as directed, with a keen eye on the bottom line profitability of the store.
- Must be familiar with all operations of the store and able to pitch in where needed.
- Consistently exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers.
- Provides ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
- In addition to assisting the Store Manager in the above tasks, your key responsibility will be to focus on sales and service in the store. You along with the Store Manager are the liaison between the store, the store associates, and the Support Office.
- Dedicated to assisting the Store Manager in recruiting, hiring, and training a talented store associate team. Active in product knowledge training of the staff and encouraging a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
- Provides challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are trained and performing to company expectations.
- Motivates and develops associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales and service techniques. Assists in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
- Maintains disciplines for visual standards, store cleanliness.
- Monitors inventory procedures, and sees that shrink goals are met.
- Consistently enforces all company policies and procedures. Performs opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
- Keeps open and responsive communication with District Manager as well as the Store Manager.
- Responsible for an area of the business to be determined by the Store Manager.
- Associate degree in business, management, or a related field, BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you would like to be part of a great team and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.