KENTUCKY SCIENCE CENTER
Already recognized as a leader in inquiry-based learning, Kentucky Science Center is advancing a statewide science literacy campaign to encourage people of all ages to explore science in everyday life.
Its flagship location on Louisville, KY’s historic Museum Row, welcomes visitors from across the globe with 3-floors of interactive exhibits and films on a 4-story screen.
With daily programming for children, families, and adults, the Science Center plays an ongoing role in the region as a resource for caregivers and teachers, a gathering place for the science community, and a chosen source of entertainment for all.
Its designation as the State Science Center of Kentucky in 2002 underscored the Science Center’s history of reaching all audiences through its mission to DO SCIENCE in ways that are engaging, educational, and entertaining to inspire a lifetime of learning.
The Kentucky Science Center is seeking a seasonal Camp Supply Specialist for our summer 2021 School’s Out Science Camp program. As the Camp Supply Specialist you will play a vital role in the day to day aspects of camp by ensuring all supplies are prepared and organized for each week of camp. This will include attaining a basic knowledge of supply locations throughout the building as well as management of camp supplies throughout the summer. Additionally, you will work closely with all Camp Teachers and Counselors each day to maintain and restock all materials.
· Ensure all supplies are prepared, organized, and delivered to classrooms for a minimum of 8 camps per week for full 10-week summer camp program. Camps range from Pre-K to 8th grade.
· Maintain an organized system of supply locations and method for prepping supplies for each camp.
· Develop a method of communication with camp teachers for any additional supply requests throughout a given camp week.
· Communicate effectively with camp teachers for any supply substitutions or items that will be provided day of a specific activity.
· Collaborate with the Camps and Family Programs Coordinator to purchase supplies needed for camps via going to the store or ordering online.
· Track receipts and keep supplies within the provided budget.
· Follow all COVID-19 safety protocols as given to you by the Kentucky Science Center to ensure the health and safety of campers and fellow staff members.
· Must be available to work a full-day camp setting, five days a week. Hours: Weekdays: 7:00-3:30, or 9:00-5:30 May 28 – August 10, 2021
· 2 days of orientation: May 8-9, 2020
· It is preferred that the Camp Supply Specialist commit to at least 9 weeks of camp and commit to a FULL WEEK of work (Mon-Fri).
· Must be available to help with camp prep starting May 12, 2021.
· Excellent communication and organization skills with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
· Chemical handling experience preferred
· Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
· Must pass a criminal background check.
· Ability to work comfortably with the public of all ages and backgrounds.
· Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations and react calmly under pressure.
· Ability to organize large amounts of various equipment and supplies
· Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced camp environment and have an enthusiasm for working with children.
· Ability to work comfortably with science equipment, multimedia/instructional technology and safety procedures.
· For a full description of camp topics; please see our website at https://kysciencecenter.org/camps/
Kentucky Science Center celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and guests. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, potential, merit, and business need.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.