Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day.
We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Working within the Control Room, the Controller is responsible for monitoring alarms, responding to telephone and radio messages and proactive and reactive CCTV reviews to ’Live’ monitor risk areas and real time incidents within the depot and review CCTV recordings to support investigations.
The Controller will support the Security Supervisor in ensuring all daily routines and deployments are completed in line with Site Instructions and Client requirements.
This is not an exhaustive list
- Ensure all Security Equipment and Systems are regularly checked and tested to ensure maximum operational effectiveness and any deficiencies are reported.
- Support the Security supervisor in the management of ‘Live’ incidents on site.
- Assist the Security Supervisor in deployment of the Security team across the campus and ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
- Carry out ‘Live’ CCTV monitoring across the campus.
- Carry out ‘Reactive’ CCTV reviews across the campus as requested.
- Ensure all incidents that occur or affect the campus are logged and managed effectively through to completion.
- Provide accurate information, direction to Security Officers and update the Security Supervisor accordingly.
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures are followed in relation to Assignment Instructions.
- Handle all day to day enquiries which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily Security operation.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with client management teams, external agencies, visitors and contractors to the site.
- Support the production of submission of a monthly, weekly, daily reports relating to all Security activities.
- Using IT Systems to complete reports and documents.
- Ensure compliance with the CCTV Policy and GDPR regulation.
- Ensure the issue of keys and radios is in line with procedure and fully auditable
- Carry out any other reasonable request from Security Supervisor, Depot Loss Prevention Manager or the client.
- The Full time security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The Full time security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- It is essential that the Operator has CCTV experience.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as an individual.
- It is essential that you have strong system’s experience i.e. CCTV, Access Control.
- CCTV License essential.
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken.
Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.