ADEVINTA IN SPAIN
Adevinta is an international group present in 12 countries, and we are sure that you know our brands in Spain: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios, and vibbo, reach more than 18 million unique users per month: we are one of the top 10 companies with the largest internet audience in Spain! This and our more than 1,000 employees make us one of the leading tech companies on the Spanish market.
As a tech company, we have digital DNA. We love challenging the status quo and we are constantly thinking of new ways of doing things.We work using PEAK Performance, a streamlined way of working based on OKRs, and self-sufficient and self-organising teams.
We believe in a culture of feedback and a close leadership style. In short, we create ever smarter solutions to offer our users and clients the best experience.
If you like challenges and believe in the power of connection as much as we do…Join our team!
Reporting to Adevinta Spain CISO & IT Governance Manager, the Cloud Governance Engineer role will join our IT Governance team.
The mission of this team is to obtain the best value-for-money usage on IT services and providers, and your main role will be to develop the necessary tools to optimize the cost of our big and distributed IT infrastructure on AWS, automating as much as we can to ensure best practices and avoid overspends.
You can see an example of our current work in this area on:
¿What will be your role and responsibilities?
- Define and design the strategy of the AWS accounts and cost optimization, developing and prioritizing the related backlog.
- Identify and Automate the tasks of resources optimization (EBS , snapshots cleaning, auto escalating policies, among others)
- Automate and provide tools to optimize IT Governance processes and to analyze and visualize cost billings and deviations.
- Maintenance of AWS access policies (specially oriented to accounts & roles).
- Advise and propose the sites on the Best Practices related to AWS cost optimization and other IT tools. After detecting saving opportunities, you will help and guide and enforce the sites to implement the related actions and their follow-up.
- Work with all the technical teams to solve cost-optimization problems in the best way (not only with AWS).
- Build, integrate, and implement common tooling to be used across verticals to improve the cost of their processes.
- Help to create and develop a Cost-Culture within the organization.
- Love learning and automation
- Be passionate about technology
- Be very updated about where the technology is going.
- Know the state of the art of your domain
- Good at communication and be able to adapt the language to different teams
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative and Systems thinking with an efficient and integral organizational approach
- Data analytical thinking
- You have a proven track record (at least 2-3 years) of full hands-on in a cloud environment, specially on AWS, although we will value other experiences on Google Cloud, Azure, … even OpenStack is a useful experience.
- You can work with Python at a professional level. Your programs are clean and optimized.
- You have hands-on experience at least on 2 of the following tracks: linux administration, software development, networking systems automation, continuous integration / continuous delivery, software reliability.
- You have a mindset of cost culture, where your solutions are oriented to make your Company save money with a smart architecture and reduce wasting on “cloud garbage”.
- You perfectly understand how web applications works.
- You have the technical understanding within software development to communicate well with developers.
What do we offer?
- Permanent contract, Full-time position.
- Hands on attitude
- To be part of a company, with an excellent working environment and modern and creative offices. The company has set up an agile way of work, not only in tech departments but in the entire company.
- Working with the best professionals in a leading company.
- Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group.
- Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h (Fridays afternoon off)
- Intensive workday during summer months and Easter.
- Medical insurance included.
- Attractive remuneration according to your experience.
- MacBook Pro or dell equivalent laptop + iPhoneXR or Samsung S10
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.