A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
An exciting role has risen to manage the World’s Most Instagrammable Hotel 2019 and Best Resort in the Middle East in 2020 as a Social Media Marketing Manager. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara team members always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team members. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Social Media Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring the resorts social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales.
- Develop, implement and manage the social media strategy and execute the monthly social media calendars, social media advertising campaigns together with the department head.
- As a Social Media Marketing Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
- Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement and return on ad spends.
- Define most important social media KPIs with the department head and execute them successfully.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign and update the required stakeholders regularly via reports.
- Knowledge to use the social platforms, Sprout Social and key listening and analytical tools.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Excellent command of the English language and Arabic is a bonus, both written and spoken, with the main objective of social media management, marketing collaterals and campaigns, liaison with media, writing of press material if required, writing of internal communications, marketing copywriting and proof-reading.
- Support in key marketing campaigns, collateral and PR management.
- Skills in photography is a must to help create content calendars for the required channels.
- Ensure that you fully understand the business strategy and positioning of the Anantara brand, and that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace. This is a responsibility of all sales and marketing professionals, regardless of their responsibility level.
- Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Anantara product and service offerings, and the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
- Assist the corporate Marketing team in marketing or social media/public relations focused projects.
- Conduct market research on competitor hotels within the industry that is seen as relevant and delivering competitive advantage to the brand.
- Maintain the media/influencer database.
- Ensure the website content is up to date for all hotels within the resorts utilising the procedures and processes set out by the corporate office.
- Co-ordination of required translations.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development including strong financial literacy and negotiation skills, brand development, Social Media, PR and Marketing skills needed to become a future Marketing Leader for Anantara.
- Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
- Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure.
- Actively participate and support in media familiarisation trips, site inspections, photoshoots as required to meet the targets of the hotels.
- Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise. In particular this includes Food & Beverage, Spa, Recreation, Sales, Front Office, Reservations, and Events colleagues.
- Ensure that all paperwork associated with the work of the department is processed quickly and efficiently, including letters, emails, contracts and reports.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining social media database and using those databases in promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Provide all assistance to guests and clients in a proactive, professional and friendly manner.
Bachelor Degree in marketing, marketing communication or any related field
• At least 5 years experience in PR & marketing communication
• Experienced in writing and editing proposals and publications.
• Strong (written and verbal) communications skills.
• Excellent English skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.