Our client are an international pioneer within the Defence and Space domain, delivering challenging and exciting projects based on the latest, cutting-edge technologies. They currently require a Configuration Manager to undertake a 6 month contract, with possibility for extension.
· The Configuration Manager will be responsible for all Project Configuration, in collaboration with the Project Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
· Internal and external document/data management covering:
· Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting
· Support/deputise for Project CM including CCB activities and PDM tool administration
· Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database Creation and control of metadata
· Distribution of documents/data and creation of Data-packs
· Monitor and control the quality of internal documents via the formal check
· Support Project end users for document related queries
· Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions
· Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.)
Skills and Experience Required:
· Extensive Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment, or Engineering Design/Manufacturing experience
· Experience in a sensitive data environment advantageous
· Full Configuration Management knowledge in: Configuration Identification, Product Structure, Baseline Management, Change Management including Status Accounting, Auditing etc
· Background in Aerospace, Space, Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical (Industries with rigorous configuration control).
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.