CREATURE REPRESENTED BY FIRESEEDS
Founded in 2016, Creature is a fully integrated design, manufacture, construct firm based in Birmingham, AL. Formed out of a burden to be more efficient and effective than the traditional approach to architecture and construction, Creature is on the front-lines as an innovative and disruptive firm in the industry.
By self-performing almost all of their work, Creature is able to remove the red tape of working with dozens of subcontractors and focus on what matters most: designing and building incredible buildings for their clients.
Creature has been able to create their design and build process to be more economical, more efficient, and more engaged for the people running projects. If you’re tired of the typical process of construction and want to be working in a cutting-edge and innovative environment, come join the team at Creature!
Creature is seeking a Superintendent to lead construction projects across Birmingham, AL. This individual needs to be a sharp communicator, problem-solver, and driver to execute construction operations from assisting in design process to final walkthrough.
A superintendent with Creature is hands-on and takes full ownership over all trades on a job-site, including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and more.
This person will deliver extreme clarity to the team during weekly meetings and daily huddles with the team on the job-site. This person will be held to high standards as they represent the Creature brand in seeking to revolutionize the industry.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take full ownership of entire construction operations on job site from start to finish
- Daily communication with Creature project managers for each project
- Coordinate daily work through weekly meetings and daily team huddles
- Provide oversight of 8-15 Creature trade laborers and any subcontractors
- Plan project schedule alongside Project Manager from start to completion of project
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Background in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field is highly preferred
- 5-10+ years of proven and relevant experience
- Extreme ownership mindset: feels a substantial, personal stake in the company’s performance; completes tasks regardless of the circumstances; accountable to any outcome
- Critical thinker with the ability to think outside of the box to quickly solve problems
- Humble: possesses a willingness and desire to serve, learn, and grow
- Strong work ethic that produces results: accomplishment over activity
- Accurate and precise attention to detail: avoids errors that lead to poor quality or cost ineffectiveness; does it right the first time: conscienteousness
- Master communicator: ability to drive clarity, closure and buy-in with multiple people in a complex, and fast paced environment
- Level-headed: ability to keep composure under pressure
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.