Come and join our team where you will be responsible for aligning our Automation Strategy as well as implementing and maintaining our control solutions on our WARP Project.
We have high standards. You’ll ensure we meet them.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredient that enable a clear, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
As a successful member of this team, you will be responsible for supplying the required control expert support to the operating and central units. Some of the functions are listed below:
- Review operational efficiency versus control system objective and define required support structure to ensure sustainability of applicable technology area, as well as benchmark technology deployed and results achieved against the industry standard and best practise
- Assist in defining the technical strategy and ensure its implementation as well as align strategy with the corporate and production drivers
- Manage and Direct Research & Development projects – Manage applicable portfolio to support technology strategy as well as align R&D output with technology strategy
- Assist in the training of resources and drive technology transfer to end users
This position is at a Band 6 level in the Engineering department and reports into the Engineering Manager Operations.
In order to be successful in this position, your qualifications will be:
- BTech Engineering (LC) or a BSC Degree Electrical Engineering
Your experience should include:
- 10 years’ experience in relevant control and instrumentation environment
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of control solutions
- Experience in Line Management of technical teams
- Advanced Computer Literacy – SCADA and PLC as well as MS Office
- Experience in a smelter / processing environment would be an advantage.
- If succesful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company- and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
As a responsible miner- of diamond (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodian of what are precious natural resources.
We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operator and for for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equal opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.