Nexxiot AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is a pioneer and industry leader in the development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions. It is a spin-off of ETH Zurich, one of the world’s leading technical universities.
Founded in 2015, the company can rely on more than ten years of research in the areas of complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra-low power embedded technology.
Three successful investment rounds enable the company to pursue ambitious global expansion plans. In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, the company operates offices in Germany and the USA
We are looking for a Data Engineer / Architect who will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data.
The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, deploying, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across Nexiot.
- Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Implementing ETL processes.
- Monitoring performance and advising necessary infrastructure and architectural changes.
- Defining data retention policies.
Who you are:
- You like to solve data problems and further develop them into production grade systems.
- You have a profound knowledge in the area of data processing and data infrastructure.
- You are analytically smart. You are comfortable with data and can use it to make decisions.
- You are business smart. You see direct line from technical expertise to produce excellence to business success and understand the value of all three.
- Two years of practical experience as software engineer in the area of big-data processing preferably with a strong AWS background.
- Considerable experience with Big Data Machine Learning toolkits, such as AWS Elastic Map Reduce, Mahout, SparkML.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Amazon Kinesis, Kafka Stream processing, Storm or Spark-Streaming.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS public cloud and container-based systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Considerable programming experience in Python and Java.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
Tools and Technologies:
You have experience with, respectively you are interested in learning and improving your skills on the following technologies and tools:
- Data infrastructure technologies with focus on AWS based solutions (S3, DynamoDB, RedShift, Hadoop, …).
- Machine Learning technologies and services with focus on AWS based solutions (SageMaker, Jupyter Notebook, …)
- Analytics technologies and services with focus on AWS based solutions (Athena, DataPipeline, Elastic Map Reduce, …)
- DynamoDB, PostgreSQL and PostGIS respectively GIS
- Stream processing with Apache Kafka
- Docker, Kubernetes • Unix Shell (Bash), Python, Java and Kotlin.
- JIRA, Git, GitLab, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack
We expect a lot from our employees here at Nexxiot, that’s why we also give a lot in return. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package we also have the following to offer:
- Dress: Wear anything you like to the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own home.
- Flexibility: Can’t make it into the office at 07:30? No problem. Feel free to hit snooze a little longer and come in when you’re most productive due to our flexible working hours policy.
- Location: On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location in the Zürich prime tower.
- Remote work: Prefer to work from home? We understand! Provided you are based anywhere in Switzerland or Germany we can work something out that fits your lifestyle.
- Travel: Get from A to B anywhere in the Kanton of Zürich and beyond, whether or not you’re on the way to work cause we’ll cover a large part of your monthly commuter expenses, provided you’re using public transport.