Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
In our CSDO division we are responsible for all client focused RUN-related aspects including hosting IT infrastructure, operating software and delivering Business Processes as a Service to banks worldwide.
The PaaS Database team is responsible for all database services which are between the IaaS and application layers by using different technologies like Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc. on servers or containers.
We are looking for a new team member able to improve the quality, bring innovation and taking responsability.
- Install and configure DBMS software by fullfilling the internal standards
- Design, develop and enhance the monitoring infrastructure
- Coordinate the upgrade/patch activities together with all stakeholders
- Follow and manage the patch/upgrade strategy
- Support the service/project team in case of performance issues
- Design the future solutions in the database area
What you need:
- Bachelor on computer science or equivalent
- At least 6 years working experience with database technologies
- Expert knowledge on database technologies and related HA/DR solution with main focus on Oracle and MSSQL
- Advanced knowledge on Unix (AIX) and Linux
- Structured and independent work
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good comumunication (verbal and written) in English
You will get extra points for the following:
- Communication in French or German
- Knowledge on MySQL, DB2, MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge on security and automation technologies (e.g. puppet)
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.