At Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning.
These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 390,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 130 years.
As one of the world’s top 25 patent-earning companies, we average approximately eight per day.
Our Mount Prospect location offers engaging opportunities for engineering and technology professionals to support our renowned brands of handheld power tools.
As a leading global technology and services supplier committed to innovative R&D, we’ll empower you to explore many established and emerging areas of expertise.
These include mechanical and electrical engineering for product design and testing; 3-D digital fabrication; the Internet of things (IoT); software development; chat bots and cognitive computing; robotics; and IT project management.
This is your chance to go big. Go bold. And develop products that enhance the quality of life, with Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
In this Demand/Supply Planner role, you are responsible for the forecasting of market demand on our Measuring Tools team. Your objective is to ensure customer needs in the US. Management of the supply of Finished Goods. You do so through the following activities:
- Manage supply of finished goods. Define dimension of the market, schedule production and issue production to meet forecast, manage manufacturing bottlenecks at BO suppliers, achieve inventory, service level goals, and associated KPIs.
- Forecast the market demand within the US/CA Plan launches, promotions and phase out with the objective of satisfying customer requirements while maintaining acceptable inventory levels per Power Tools-Measuring Tools (PT-MT) goals.
- Set reorder points for inventory, monitor replenishment and initiation of exceptional activities, reserve stock, manage overstock and bottlenecks.
- Work closely with plants and suppliers, providing and communicating forecast to suppliers and coordinating demands.
- Overall steering in partnership with Product Managers, responsible for KPI targets for the postponement area.
- Supply chain management of product life-cycle for all products within postponement (launch, maturity, phase-out, events, after sales/discontinuance).
- Alignment of supply chain and strategic targets of postponement area in terms of flexibility and robustness.
- Coordination of MT North America strategy to the postponement area.
- Monitor and maintain integrity of supply chain master data.
A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management / Supply Chain preferred; 2-5 years of Planning experience considered in lieu of degree. In addition, you bring experience in product planning and logistics management in a high mix consumer goods environment. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong entrepreneurial skills (result and future orientation)
- Openness with all team members in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills; this role works with many cross-functional stakeholders, teams and cultures
- Strong motivation and accountability with team members and others
- High sense of urgency; you respond to requests promptly, with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Holistic supply chain orientation and business thinking
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of lean principles
- Good analytical skills and structured way of working
- Logistics ERP systems experience required (SAP, BOXX preferred)
- Personal computer skills in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Some travel may be required (~5-10%)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.