Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in government, defence, intelligence, border protection and health markets.
The company’s 32,000 diverse and talented staff support the vital missions of our customers.
About you and what you’ll bring:
Varec is currently seeking a Software Developer to support our FuelsManager system program. This candidate will work with a team of software developers to rapidly build and deploy, while simultaneously supporting the program office to specify and design the final system. The development will take place in an iterative fashion using agile methodologies with inputs from multiple stakeholders.
The development team will collaborate on an enterprise development effort. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and changing requirements.
The candidate must have the ability to communicate with the team, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. Candidate must be an Australian Citizen, or be able to obtain a NV1 security clearance.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and participate in software planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team designing, building, and supporting new Infrastructure technologies and services, with a focus towards automation
- Work collaboratively and actively participate on an Agile team attending ceremonies, sizing user stories and estimating tasks, managing and prioritizing work efforts
- Implement build and deploy workflow automation to support continuous integration and deployment.
- Provisions cloud services to establish environments for Development, testing and production
- Research and apply new technologies, strategies and ways to solve technical issues.
- Perform Support Desk tasks on the directed shift schedule
- Self-management of the resolution of incidents with assistance from the Support Desk Team
- Escalate incidents and problems when unable to resolve within the Support Desk operation in consultation with the Support Desk Manager
- Assist in the development of routine reporting and development of ad’ hoc reports
- Accurately utilize Service Desk management application to manage all Support Desk tasks
- Utilize the Defence Protected Network in support of Support Desk activities in accordance with all pertinent instructions and regulations
- Communicate directly with Australian Defence Force personnel in determination and resolution of Support Desk tasks.
The experience and knowledge you will bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Solid experience with C# programming language, particularly C# versions 3 to 7, MVC, CLR and micro services architecture.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL, database development from a schema-first approach.
- Experience with writing Reports in Microsoft Reporting Services (2005 onwards)
- Demonstrated experience using UI frameworks such as Angular or React
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and definition
- Demonstrated experience working in Cloud Environment/AWS deploying and maintaining web applications in dev, test, and prod environments
- Ability to work within a dynamic work environment and ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task) with good follow through skills
- Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite(JIRA, Confluence)
- Demonstrated experience using source control and build tools, such as TFS, Git, BitBucket
- Demonstrated experience developing applications in service oriented architecture
- Demonstrated experience using IDEs(Visual Studio, Visual Code, Eclipse, Visual Code
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, continuous integration)
- Maintain and operate the deployed code, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting application production issues
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical development tools in both Windows and Linux environments
- Solid experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS and DHCP,
- Demonstrated experience configuring COTS and GOTS tools.
- Demonstrated experience using Object Relational Mapping frameworks such as Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Demonstrated experience with NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB and MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud, particularly AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing a CI/CD process from scratch.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development and SOLID frameworks.
- Experience with development and deployment of applications that cross security domains.
- Linux experience.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to be able to obtain a a baseline security clearance.
With over 20 years local experience, Leidos Australia provides an unparalleled breadth of capability to our customers through our highly skilled and security cleared local workforce; now in excess of 900 people.
We are committed to delivering innovative and cost effective solutions, managing risks, working collaboratively and drawing on our global experience. We aim to be the market leader in government science and technology solutions and a respected employer in the community. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.