Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
An integral and highly visible role within our EMEA team this role reports to the Head of Real Estate and Workplace (REW) for the EMEA Region with direct oversight and accountability for all aspects of the day-to-day workplace operations within Twitter’s offices in the EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa) Region and is based in our Twitter Dublin Office.
This collaborative position partners with internal customers and partners; and oversees our teams of external vendors, contractors and service providers to ensure we provide the best workplace experience for our employees. This leader will be responsible for the management of the regional budget, in addition to performance setting, monitoring, controlling, reporting and benchmarking.
This role is critical in driving culture in EMEA along with creating and elevating programs and amenities that make our employees love coming to work every day. They must have a passion for developing and maintaining a world-class workspace that inspires staff to do their best work and for mentoring and empowering the team of Office Managers and Facility Coordinators reporting into them
- Monitor facilities operations including the performance of vendors, service providers, food & event services, mail/post services, building & equipment maintenance, and other operational requirements for offices in the Region.
- Develop long-term planning and establishment of initiatives aimed to achieve operational excellence.
- Proactively identify opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Deliver friendly and prompt customer service to Twitter employees and its business partners.
- Direct our business partners and consultants to ensure we are providing an environment that inspires and energizes our internal teams.
- Management and development of region’s REW staff including internal & contract partners, on-site and remote workers
- Develop and execute an EMEA REW communications plan.
- Ensure that written procedures exist for each FM and REW Operations initiatives.
- Develop, prepare and present a monthly EMEA-wide operations performance and risk management report.
- Develop, execute and present the EMEA Operations Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Ensure proactive and mitigative statutory and legislative compliance initiatives are properly executed for all REW-related tasks.
- Identify, establish, monitor, analyse and report internal metrics and KPIs, with a view of evaluating trends, apply corrective actions and establish alignment with strategic or tactical REW initiatives.
- Work closely with the EMEA Corporate Security Lead to support the implementation programs relating to all Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives to ensure compliance with local laws and codes, meanwhile supporting overlapping REW / Corporate Security tasks within the region.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing & Procurement on bidding, drafting and managing vendor contracts, including conducting formal performance reviews.
- Management of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Capital Expense and Operating Budget for the EMEA Region, including the reporting of forecasted expenditure, expense approvals, budget variance, accruals and reconciliations as necessary.
- Support and collaborate on initiatives with the Sustainability, Leasing & Transaction, Food and other teams as required.
- Partner with the Design & Construction team to deliver projects, from small refreshes to large build-outs, when applicable.
- Partner with the Events team within REW to execute key events and incorporate event-related initiatives in the region.
- Partner with other REW Regional leads in developing Global Processes & Standards for operations.
- Extensive experience in PPM, Building Management and Task systems is advantageous.
- Expected travel for this position is 10%
- Duties may vary from time to time at the discretion of the Manager. The distribution of duties may vary depending on the size, complexity and specific department needs.
The Real Estate & Workplace (REW) team creates the foundation for our Tweeps to do the very best work of their careers regardless of their geography – whether our employees choose to work from one of our outstanding and innovative global offices or remotely from somewhere else. We thrive on pushing boundaries and constantly evolving our approach as through our work we shape where tweeps work.
We are passionate about ensuring an equitable experience whether you are a remote Tweep or you work from one of our global offices that foster a sense of collaboration and community – spaces that make our employees proud.
Our workplace operations, food and events teams provide day to day experiences that are truly unique and an integral part of our culture. Through all of this important work, sustainability is key to ensure that we have a positive impact on the environment and the communities we live in.
We love what we do. We are a diverse, global, authentic ‘bring your whole self to work’ team and we welcome all voices. Our mission is to make sure that as a Tweep you #LoveWhereYouWork, wherever you choose to work!
- A strong leader, one who inspires, leads by example, demonstrates good judgment, with a proven track record of motivating and mentoring teams.
- Ability to remain energetic, motivated, positive and customer service-oriented in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proactive and transparent work style with a strong sense of ownership.
- A high degree of ambition and strong desire to strive for operational excellence and world-class sustainability practices.
- Excellent Finance skills in planning, monitoring and reporting, with strong commercial awareness.
- Strong Critical Thinker and Analytical ability with extensive experience in Data Analytics in FM and Finance.
- Effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly; interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency and productivity.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to remain agile and adaptable in a dynamic environment – must be able to prioritize, reprioritize and multitask
- Creative problem-solver and self-starter
- Strong customer relationship management skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions/levels
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Proficient in Google’s G Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, MacOS and Oracle Purchasing is preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.