AVARA FOODS LIMITED
Are you personable and approachable with a passion for working with people? Are you a confident communicator? We are looking for an Employee Liaison Officer to join, on a Fixed Term basis, at our Newent site.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as an Employee Liaison Officer and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role:
The Employee Liaison Officer (ELO) will take responsibility of the on boarding process for all new recruits within the factory. Acting as key point of contact, the ELO will help embed Avara Food’s values and culture during the first 3-6months of all new recruits’ employment with the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting all new recruits on their first day of employment and having daily check-ins with them during their first week of employment
- Arranging all PPE, lockers and ID/swipe cards for new recruits
- Delivery of Avara Induction
- Support and resolve low-level employee queries relating to their employment, e.g. replacement of ineffective swipe cards, lost locker keys
- Ensuring that SOPs are understood and completed prior to entering the factory environment
- Working closely with the Training co-ordinator to ensure that training is being done across site with new recruits and existing employees e.g. SOPs are up to date.
- Carrying out audits for the 3-7-11 process and training in general
- Attending 3-7-11 meetings with new employees and their section managers
- Working closely with the onsite agency colleague to ensure a consistent experience is gained for both new employees and temporary employees
- Within the factory environment support the management team in ensuring the all COVID19 mitigation measures are being correctly followed
What we are looking for:
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Detail conscious
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to different circumstances
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Personable, approachable and helpful
- Willing to learn & develop
- Experience of working in a factory environment and an understanding of SOPs/SWPs – desirable
- Working in a customer facing role – desirable
Hours: Monday – Friday, 0530 – 1430 / 1430 – 2330 (rotating shifts)
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As an ELO, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Generous pension scheme
- Various lifestyle benefits
- Subsidised healthcare
We are committed to be an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.