Vistry Group brings together the energy and talents of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships (formerly Galliford Try Partnerships).
With developments from Northumberland to Cornwall and Cheshire to Norfolk, Vistry Group will be delivering around 12,000 homes a year across the country, this makes us one of the top five housebuilders in the UK.
We are a real powerhouse of a business with a focus on delivering for our people, our customers, our clients, our contractors and our shareholders.
In a Nutshell:
As our Safety, Health and Environment Manager you shall be responsible for ensuring the Safety, Health and Environment Advisors undertake their roles and responsibilities as set out in the Safety, Health and Environment Advisor’s roles & responsibilities.
This role will mainly cover the Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton geographics.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities –
- Keep up to date with legislation and record ‘Continued Professional Development’ (CPD), understand legal responsibilities regarding Safety Health & Environmental.
- Review current Safety Health & Environmental policy and procedure, carrying out a gap analysis to spot areas of strength an improvement.
- Monitor frameworks for Safety Health & Environmental, ensuring they are successfully adopted and embedded throughout the organisation.
- Ensure monitoring and review of SHE management across all sites and premises is being carried out on a regular basis as per company procedures.
- Ensure relevant escalation if company procedures are not being followed and corrective action is required.
- Driving engagement with senior stakeholders, providing a clear understanding of Safety Health & Environmental performance through use of data and reporting.
- Identify areas where recruitment and or training will be required, ensuring that this is embedded within Safety Health & Environmental management.
- Implement initiatives to reduce the level of work-related accidents and/or occupational hazards.
- Ensure accidents are investigated to find out their causes and measures are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported to regulatory bodies e.g. HSE where appropriate.
- Review SHE KPI data; leading and lagging indicators, accident and incident information, inspection and audit results and discuss with the SHE Management Team during regular SHE meetings.
- Attend third party industry related meetings e.g. HBF, IOSH, HSE etc.
- Manage and lead a team of SHE Advisors.
- Monitor and ensure suitable and sufficient resource is available at all times.
- Collaborate with Group Commercial to monitor and review SHE aspects of supply chain & purchasing management i.e. trade standards etc.
- Collaborate with Group Technical, to monitor and review management of CDM i.e. Client, PD responsibilities etc. pre-construction works, temporary works designs & management.
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent NVQ (level 6)
- Must have construction experience
- Ideally be a member of IOSH at least at Tech level
- Possess good leadership skills
- CISRS Scaffold Inspection
- Temporary Works Awareness/Coordinator
- CDM Awareness
- ISO 45001 Awareness
- must be; comfortable presenting and chairing meetings at senior level management, confident, approachable, organised with good time management skills.
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Group is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance(role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.