EAG Laboratories is a global leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world.
Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world.
Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results.
We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is seeking a Facilities Engineer to join our team in Milpitas, CA. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic and has a strong sense of responsibility.
The Facilities Engineer will responsible for coordinating and directing design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities. This role will also serve as site Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects, plans, and evaluates use of space and facilities.
- Analyzes company’s HVAC systems, buildings, electrical systems, alarm systems, lighting, and other assets.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction acquisition.
- Performs audits to support facility planning.
- Develops long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facility.
- Participates in the disaster recovery planning and coordination.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts and associated documents.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, building maintenance contractors, builders, architects, and energy agencies.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout.
- Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- May work in more than one location in the course of a day.
- Additional tasks assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and five (5) years of facility management experience and/or training. A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and equipment manuals.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
- Knowledge of heating and cooling systems, refrigeration systems, electrical systems, power and hand tools.
- Awareness of local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to operate various types sampling and monitoring equipment.
- Radiation safety training may be required.
- Will be required to attend and successfully complete Hazmat and DOT training within 90 days of initial employment.
- Will be required to complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of annual refresher training on rules and regulation of various regulatory entities and company procedures.
- Solid organizational skills and excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Open to direction and a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.