IKEA SOUTHEAST ASIA
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- Leadership. Lead by example and provide the resources and tools to create a comfortable atmosphere and a good working environment. Create and develop goals, work assignments in a timely manner together with the teams, providing information about plans and results and ensure that the part co-workers play in the overall strategy is understood.
Proactive maintenance to secure convenient and safe shopping environment. Lead the Facilities teams to plan, organize and execute maintenance repairs, minor installations or improvements to ensure smooth running of the store’s operations to secure the ease of shopping and safety for our customers; carry out preventative maintenance of all MEP & ACMV systems, Fire and life safety systems, lifts and escalators, cleaning and waste management. Implement strong monitoring regime to ensure the smooth functioning of the building, equipment and installations.
- Management of Facilities Management service contracts and vendor management. Ensure the scope of work are aligned with the Matrix and that the services and assets are being delivered and maintained to expectations. Maintain open and honest partnering relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to secure the best products and services at minimum expenses.
Sustainability. Lead the team to manage the facility operations, energy consumption, waste management and maintenance of the facilities infrastructure and buildings, with the aim of being operationally efficient and reducing our carbon footprint. Ensure technical teams are trained and competent for operations and maintenance of the building.
- Projects and Refurbishments. Lead the costing, project management and implementation of any base building work changes.
Budgeting and cost consciousness. Shared responsibility for business results, goals, defining and applying life cycle within all functional work processes, especially in annual budgeting and monitoring the build-up of the maintenance cost.
- Regulatory and Statutory Compliance. Ensure that our Buildings and Property are compliant to statutory legal requirements and that IKEA Mandatory rules and regulations, policies and SOP’s. Perform periodical quality control inspections to ensure adherence to company specifications and standards. Liaise with relevant government authorities and agencies on all store licensing, building by laws, utilities, safety, health and environment issues to ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Safety and Security Compliance. Actively engage with stakeholders in fire prevention and safety and security. Take the lead in the Sec Check (Audit) /GRM compliance process and work through practical ways with SO Regional Facilities Manager as well as the Risk Manager to comply and meet the targeted score.
- Minimum 8 years of leadership experience in facilities, maintenance and building management and well-versed in all local laws and regulations governing property maintenance, building management, statutory compliance and certification and licences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to share knowledge and learnings with highly developed networking skills.
Skilled in report writing and presentations, Must be able to communicate clearly business and technical concepts and issues to fellow co-workers and senior management.
- Proven abilities to lead, motivate and bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the team.
- Experienced in ICT/CAFM Systems, knowledge of and experience in Commercial Contract Management, MIFM, MIWPM, APM, PMI, or Prince 2 Qualifications and or Memberships would be an advantage.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.