SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 per week
Job Location: Glasgow
Remuneration: As Facilities Manager, you’ll receive a salary of between £40,000 and £46,055, depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As Facilities Manager you’ll be responsible for developing the business by assisting the Site Director to expand services for clients, equipment, space and facilities in the building; whilst maintaining and improving cost efficiencies and safety. In addition to this, working as Facilities Manager you’ll be responsible for enhancing efficient use of equipment and building facilities by working with all staff and particularly the Site Director, the Facility Expansion Contracts Manager and the Quality Assurance team.
- Maintain the Glasgow facility and essential plant in good working order to ensure that activity at the site is maximised.
- Ensure that the site is maintained in accordance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP), Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines and in accordance with the Company quality policy.
- Engage appropriately qualified maintenance contractors as required to maintain the facility and essential plant.
- Manage material receipts/stock controls and material purchases to ensure that maximum cost efficiencies are gained.
- Supervise facility staff to ensure that the SGS Glasgow site is maintained to provide a work environment that meets Company and legislative requirements.
- Performance manage and develop the facilities team, providing ongoing mentoring and support to ensure that all staff are trained to the appropriate standard and ensuring continuity of service
To be successful in this role, you’ll need recent experience with the management of facilities, health, safety and environment as well as a strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance of laboratory equipment and associated building services.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Able to work flexibly, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills – able to develop positive working relationships with people at all levels, both with SGS colleagues and external clients/partners
- Excellent working knowledge of UK Health & Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance processes
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Experience of working in a GMP/GLP environment
- Experience of managing a team and successfully managing performance
- Experience of delivering training
- Formal health & safety training i.e. NEBOSH General Certificate
- Qualification in Facilities Management
- First degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.