Vermilion is a full-service design and digital agency located in Boulder, Colorado. As a Certified B Corporation and Public Benefit Corporation, we are dedicated to working with clients who make a positive impact in our world.
We offer a wide spectrum of services to purpose-driven organizations in the natural products, social impact and education verticals.
We are looking for a skilled Finance & Business Manager to join our team to handle day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities and to inform business strategies to benefit company efficiency.
A strong understanding of accounting and financial management is critical. Creative agency experience is a huge plus. Superb interpersonal and communication skills are vital for this role, as cross-functional and -departmental teamwork is integral for our business success.
The right candidate will understand the value of a creative culture that fosters meaningful relationships and produces remarkable work. You will know the numbers and stats, but be able to zoom out to see the big picture.
You will provide inspired leadership regarding our business operations, and lead our human resources efforts to promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
- Handle day-to-day financial operations, bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable, outsourced payroll, billing, daily financial entries, and bank reconciliations
- Work closely with outside service providers for tax preparation and banking
- Interpret and present monthly financial statements with critical analysis of performance metrics
- Lead HR functions including employee benefits, PTO records, company insurance policies, staff retention, recruitment, and onboarding
- Work with the leadership team to establish, track and analyze company goals and objectives
- Help inform and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets
- Analyze specific client projects to guide and inform on profitability and project efficiency
- Collaborate across all teams and departments to aid in data-driven decision-making
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Review client and business-related contracts and legal
While most of Vermilion’s employees are currently working remotely, the Finance & Business Manager will need to work some of the time in the office due to certain Vermilion administrative and accounting needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or other related field
- At least 5 years experience in an accounting position
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of accounting and job costing business software
- Workamajig software experience a huge plus
- Demonstrable analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and business insight
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners and employees
What to share:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that introduces you and let’s us know why you’re interested in joining the Vermilion team
Health-insurance subsidy, 401K, gym membership, bus and RTD eco-pass, great snacks.
This is a full-time position in our Boulder, CO office.
Please, no recruiters.