Over the course of 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road.
On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK’s biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities.
We are the UK’s only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability.
Following acquisition by bp in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and has moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in March 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century – you will be at the forefront of it.
This job will be based in either Milton Keynes or London with flexible working and you will be reporting into the COO.
The Head of Network Deployment will be the first “boots on the ground” and will be responsible for establishing and leading bp pulse’s full life cycle of EV charging infrastructure deployment providing a complete turnkey solution including surveying, project management, electrical network design, new electrical connections, civils and electrical installation. Making the switch to electric easier for drivers and businesses across the UK.
Key Responsibilities & Task:
- Development and implementation of our EV charging and infrastructure deployment strategy and define goals and measurement parameters based on overall objectives.
- Work strategically and operationally to create best in class internal EV installation team and specialised sub-contractor network across the UK
- Contribute to the development and implementation of initiatives across the sale and in the sales process
- Assist with design and content of tenders as well as launch of new services/products
- Take ownership of all installation policies, guidelines and any associated documents to ensure they meet all regulatory guidelines
- Training and development responsibility for employees
- BSc or MSc in Business, Engineering or another relevant subject.
- Skills in a similar industry and experience in electrical engineering and renewables is a big advantage.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong operational manager with high work capacity and strong commercial understanding and ability to identify strategic opportunities
- Data driven and can work insights based on identifying commercial opportunities
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to give clear goals and direction.
- Systematic and responsible in own and overall work
- Good collaborative skills internally and externally as well as a natural quality to motivate and guide the bp pulse EV charging and infrastructure and installation direction
- A demonstration of experience of leading and working across a portfolio of construction or large-scale electrical infrastructure implementation projects
- Experience communicating and negotiating multiple stakeholders
- Experience researching and evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.