Vistry Group brings together the energy and talents of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships (formerly Galliford Try Partnerships).
With developments from Northumberland to Cornwall and Cheshire to Norfolk, Vistry Group will be delivering around 12,000 homes a year across the country, this makes us one of the top five housebuilders in the UK.
We are a real powerhouse of a business with a focus on delivering for our people, our customers, our clients, our contractors and our shareholders.
In a Nutshell:
As our HR Advisor, you will be working closely with Managers and employees across 5 Business Units to provide day to day generalist HR Support.
The role has an Employee Relations focus which involves guiding and coaching internal stakeholders to ensure matters are dealt with in an appropriate, professional manner, as well as support with recruitment, L&D, policy & procedure and other HR matters.
The role is part of a UK wide HR team and will involve participation in Group wide HR projects, and contribution to initiatives around areas such as Engagement and Diversity.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities –
- Monitor BU HR KPI’s and work with the Business Partner and BU to improve productivity
- Develop local inductions in conjunction with the Business Unit and ensure all new starters understand relevant HR processes and procedures
- Work with the Business Partner on employee engagement initiatives
- Work with HR team members to ensure all HR policies are up to date and reflect current employment law
- Support Business Units with disciplinary, grievance and formal performance review matters
- Support the Business Units with short and long term absence management cases, including Occupational Health referrals where necessary
- Provide HR policy advice to employees and support Managers with the implementation
- Support Business Units with return from Maternity discussions and arrangements
- Maintain employee e-files
- Create job descriptions in conjunction with department leads
- Support managers with redundancy and other consultations & resulting letters
- Support managers with flexible working requests
- Devise and conduct exit interviews, and work with the Business Partner to create resulting action plans
- Provide interview support to the Business Units where needed
- Provide project support to the HR team
- Display a willingness to participate in continued professional development
- 5 GCSE’s/GCEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- CIPD level 3 or higher
- A background in HR with experience of dealing with complex employee relations matters
- Good working knowledge of employment law
- Good understanding of what drives employee engagement
- Excellent analytical, organization and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work to high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An understanding of GDPR
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations in a professional manner, and make appropriate decisions
- A can-do attitude with the ability to respond positively to change
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Full driving licence
- A willingness to travel across the Midlands and the South East on a regular basis
- CIPD level 5
- Experience of implementing HR systems
- Proven ability to influence and coach senior stakeholders
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Group is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s.
If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.