SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH.
As our programme in Nepal is undergoing a change process and to support this we are looking for a talented and experienced dynamic Nepali professionals to join our team.
Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
Overview of the Position
HR Consultant will support on various HR functions, support on creating a supportive high performing country team, delivering efficient processes, smart recruitment, promoting gender and social inclusion, and support business development efforts.
Leading day to day recruitment efforts with oversight from the Operations and HR Manager and in coordination with office administration including;
- advertising recruitment opportunities; shortlisting applications; interview process (working with the hiring manager, set up and serve the interview process – confirming interview date/time with candidates and selectors, ensuring interview questions and copies of CVs are prepared, assessment tests undertaken, room bookings made).
- review references and provide evaluation overviews correspond with selected candidates regarding offers, confirmation of appointment and employment contracts; informing other candidates of their selection result.
2. HR Review and Change process
Support the change processes including the new job house, review and updating of ToRs for all staff with support of their supervisor.
In coordination with CD, Operations and HR Manager and country management team support the role out of the new job house and organisation alignment by February 2021.
Undertake a comprehensive benchmarking activity on salaries and benefits.
Support in the revision of the HR Manual, providing advisory on processes in line with the prevailing labour law.
3. Support to HR Systems & Information
Circulate HR correspondence/Memos/Updates and as authorised by the CD and Operations and HR manager.
Maintain relevant HR databases and systems –Smart Recruiter by providing routine summary reports to the line managers.
Support and Track completion by managers of the annual Performance Appraisal Review process (PAR), bringing issues of concern to the Operations and HR manager.
Ensure a system is in place for management of up to date HR personnel records, and exercise confidentiality at all times.
Review and improve the HR exit processes.
4. HR Support
Provide day to day support for national & international staff in line with SNV Nepal’s commitments to staff.
5. General support to CD and Country CMT
Complete other related tasks in support of the CD and change process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or in relevant field.
- 3 years at medium level in Human Resources Responsibilities for an international organisation or private institutions;
- Excellent knowledge of Nepali Labour laws and its application;
- Experience of online recruitment and performance management systems essential;
- Experience of Change processes/management desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to Human Resources of donor funds;
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, including the ability to articulate HR risks, needs and opportunities to senior management;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
Period of Performance: 4 months
Desired Start Date: 1st November 2020
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 page) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the “I’m interested” button before 11 October 2020.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.