GRAHAM PACKAGING PET TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family.
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership.
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
Plant Human Resources Managers oversee recruitment and retention, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, training, payroll, compensation, safety, and benefits in the plant.
They are responsible for the development and administration of HR policies and procedures. Maintains and updates employee records, various reports, and provides employee coaching on work related matters.
This position has a strong relationship with the Plant Manager and Plant Leadership team and must be able to understand business issues and bring solutions that advance the greater interests of the business. The primary duties of a Plant HR Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection and retention of plant employees. Partners with Plant Leadership in maintaining staffing levels to budget.
- Processes the plant weekly payroll and administers the attendance policy.
- Interprets and applies company policies, benefits, practices, procedures, programs and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the investigation and administration of worker compensation claims, record keeping, and documentation. Works with Corporate EH&S on worker’s compensation case management.
- Maintains records and compiles reports concerning personnel related data such as hires, turnover, employee programs, performance appraisals, wage progression, and absenteeism rates.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Plans and coordinates new employee onboarding to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyzes training needs to design employee and leadership training and development, including safety programs.
- Plans and organizes company events, e.g. luncheons, picnics, recognition, etc.
- Serves as the liaison between management and employees by handling questions and assisting in the resolution of employee related issues.
- Provides effective guidance and coaching to Plant Leadership, relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to comply with company policies.
- Acts as the Plant Safety Coordinator. Responsible for managing all plant safety programs and training, and maintains the first aid room.
- Serves as contact with temporary labor agencies to schedule workers to meet daily production staffing requirements and to process pay records. Reviews and approves invoices, and addresses temporary worker issues as required.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas and other related duties as assigned.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 5 years Human Resources Manager experience in manufacturing preferred.
Plant HR Managers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.