Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
• To develop and deliver good knowledge of all tasks carried out both as a team member and as an individual.
• Be able to deliver the correct finished standards of any task you are given.
• You will be able to carry out a variety of tasks from domestic cleans to specialist plant cleans.
• You are required to follow all Health & Safety regulations that apply to the site and your role.
• You are to report to your Line Manager any defects or repairs required in equipment you are using.
• Be aware of your working environment and be able to spot and react to any safety issues and report to your Line Manager.
• You are required to understand and follow Safe Systems of Work for the tasks you are performing.
• You will be responsible for all equipment you use ensuring that it is kept in a clean and functional condition for the next user.
• Be responsible for wearing required PPE at all times.
• General Housekeeping duties to include but not limited to: Washing equipment, ceilings, walls, floors, overheads, mopping floors, belt cleaning, sanitation duties, using scrubbing/sweeping equipment.
• Working to daily/weekly/monthly/periodic MSS on all areas of the plant.
• To ensure all work carried out is to a high standard.
• To leave the area in a clean and tidy state.
• Confined space is occasionally required once training is complete.
• To complete reasonable reactive tasks given by the Management Team or the Client.
• Proven work experience as an industrial cleaner.
• To work solo or as an effective team member.
• Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
• Knowledge of chemical useage and pass COSHH training.
• To be familiar with material data sheets and COSHH assessments.
• To effectively communicate to your Line Manager any issues that may arise.
• To be vigilant of surrounds and report potential hazards or near misses to your Line Manager.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.