PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a top-notch Indirect Tax Analyst for the APAC region, to join Palo Alto Network’s Headquarters in Bangalore and will be responsible for all aspects of VAT reporting, and compliance in APAC.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with cross functional teams, comfortable working with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This position is based in Bangalore and reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager based in Amsterdam and will closely collaborate with the tax and accounting team in the EMEA and APAC region.
The Indirect Tax Analyst will be a part of the growing tax team. Position includes working with a local tax team of 3-5 tax professionals based in India, supporting an international tax team based in the Netherlands, the UK and the US focused on indirect tax compliance and other international projects as necessary.
Duties include preparing global indirect tax compliance, automating indirect tax compliance and work in support for the US and EMEA HQ tax initiatives. Directly reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager located in Amsterdam at the EMEA HQ.
The Indirect Tax Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare indirect tax reporting with a focus on the EMEA region and assisting with APAC region as required.
- Ensure that VAT and GST returns are prepared accurately and filed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the accounting team and local AP team.
- Prepare timely updates on new tax laws and tax rates.
- Prepare financial data and perform financial analysis and reports discrepancies.
- Provide advice to business partners on indirect tax impacts.
- Support international indirect tax audits, projects and ad hoc tax projects.
- Support continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of functions and processes i.e. automation of VAT process, heavy use of Alteryx for automation of the reports.
The Indirect Tax Analyst will be a qualified tax professional with experience in preparing indirect tax compliance and strong analytical skills and technical background in relevant ETL tools.
- Tax and accounting technical proficiency with principles of international indirect taxation.
- Finished CA Degree in Economics, Tax or Accounting.
- 2-4 years tax experience in a Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent multinational corporate tax department.
- Qualified experience with indirect tax compliance work for multinational companies.
- Must demonstrate strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with technology/software environments, SAP, Alteryx or similar ETL is preferred.
- Demonstrates high integrity and trustworthiness.
- Very organized and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast moving and complex situations.
- Have a flexible time schedule that allows managing due dates and regular overlap with international locations.
- Strong analytical and computer skills required, technology oriented person.
- Team oriented and group contributor that facilitates collaboration.
- Detail-oriented, motivated and a positive person.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.