Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
As the Journalist for 4BC, you will be responsible for generating stories, gather, edit and present information in a balanced, accurate and interesting way. Prepare, edit and present live and pre-recorded news reports and news bulletins.
- Meet hourly and half-hourly news bulletin deadlines.
- Compile, edit and present news bulletins, both live and pre-recorded.
- Prepare and present material on air, in both live and pre-recorded reports.
- File voice reports and audio grabs.
- Provide live cross reports for programs.
- Write scripts for bulletins, voice reports, stories and headlines.
- Generate ideas for stories, and follow leads from news agencies, police, the public, media conferences, programs, social media and other sources.
- Research, verify and collate evidence and information to support a story using relevant sources such as newsmakers, organisations, the internet, archives, databases, etc.
To succeed in this position, you will have the following skills:
- Experience in journalism, newsgathering, writing for radio, editing bulletins, and news reading.
- Able to meet hourly and half-hourly deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to deal effectively with simultaneous tasks.
- Broad knowledge of local and regional issues, as well as newsmakers and organisations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a live broadcasting environment.
- Online research, word processing and social media skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, and to take feedback and direction.
- Adherence to high ethical standards.
- Driver’s licence.
- Degree in journalism/communications or similar.
- Experience with NewsBoss software.
- Leadership potential.
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes