NORTHGATE PUBLIC SERVICES
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
This role is within the NPS Central and Local Government business and will be a new member of an established team of Business Analysts working on products used within Local Government.
The team sits within the Product Management group but works closely with other disciplines using a mature scrum agile methodology to deliver great products in a busy and successful team.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst you will be expected to undertake the following principle responsibilities:
- Capturing and analysing logical system requirements from
- High level requirements produced by the Product Manager
- User Research results
- Legislative documentation
- System defect reports
- Creating all User Stories, to accurately reflect the stated requirements from the Product Backlog.
- Understanding the business context for the requirements and documenting where required.
- Identifying gaps and amendments for the Backlog.
- Defining the features to be developed and recording them accurately on the Backlog.
- Responding quickly to queries from the Development and QA teams regarding product functionality
- Prioritising features/outcomes according to customer needs and product manager direction
- Assisting with the evaluation of the output from the Sprints in ‘show and tell’ sessions
- Common with all NPS roles, the Business Analyst is also responsible for identifying potential common functionality, to promote software component reuse, ensuring consistency of user experience and to promote usability.
Customer-Facing Elements of the Role
The Business Analyst may be required to assist the Product Manager with customer or stakeholder meetings. This will include:
- Liaising with the customer during Development phases to ensure that customer is comfortable with any key design decisions.
- Liaising with agencies and government departments to understand detailed requirements
- Meetings can take place at any location throughout the United Kingdom, typically at a customer, stakeholder or Northgate Public Services office location.
- Previous Business Analysis experience
- Rigorous analysis skills
- Experience of turning high level system requirements into detailed user stories
- A knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- An awareness of systems and solutions used by public service organisations eg. local authorities, health, police etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – capable of exploring and articulating complex concepts across the various stakeholders of the project.
- Ability to learn new business areas to a detailed level – acting as an informed source of information.
- Self reliant but with strong team player capabilities
- Work with minimal direction
- Excellent written skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Effective relationship builder
- Clear and proactive communicator, promoting a shared understanding
- Organise time effectively
- Requirements Capture
- Knowledge of the Planning system in the UK
- Use of Azure DevOps (formerly known as TFS)
The role is home-based, but travel may be required throughout the United Kingdom.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days during enrolment period only.
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- This role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK, documentary evidence will be required and must be presented during interview.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.