SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment.
We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Ashby-De-La-Zouch
Remuneration: As a Junior Software Developer, you’ll receive a salary of between £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will be responsible for maintaining and creating software solutions that support a variety of business processes using a combination of modern and legacy software in both browser and desktop environments.
- Work closely with senior developers and business analysts to understand client processes and requirements;
- Provide software task estimates;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Demonstrate interim and final solutions;
- Integrate where possible other solutions and technologies to improve efficiency;
To be successful in this role, you’ll need strong programming skills and be able to work unsupervised during certain tasks. This position requires a logical & methodical individual with a high attention to detail and a good understanding and interpretation of project requirements.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate knowledge of the following;
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Software Engineering / Computer Science Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Experience of MS Access
- Experience with a variety of .NET solution types
- Experience with React, Angular and/or Vue
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with analytical/reporting technologies
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.