Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale.
The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
The technologies you will support include Mirantis Container Runtime, Mirantis Secure Registry, and Mirantis Cluster Engine and many more.
You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets).
You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, Support and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
The Mirantis Support team is on a mission to delight millions of developers and system administrators that rely on Mirantis Products to build, share, and run their distributed applications.
Our customer base spans from individuals to SMBs to large global enterprises. As Mirantis continues to experience hyper-growth, the Global Mirantis Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
- 1st stop for OpenStack and Container Cloud troubleshooting and issue triage
- Work ticket queue (SFDC) to help maintain contracted SLA’s and delight customers
- Learn and tune Stacklight our Open Source monitoring tool
- Troubleshooting OpenStack components and fixing bugs
- Troubleshooting Container Cloud components and fixing bugs
- Bug reporting and project follow up
- Learn the Mirantis Container Cloud technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content and proactively review and update our knowledge management system
- Learn troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on lower level problems that span layers of the technology stack
- Engage with the engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system
- Have fun!
- High School diploma or equivalent required, four year college degree preferred
- 1+ years experience in software engineering of system admin
- General System Admin knowledge – Openstack, Linux, Ubuntu, KVM, XEN, CentOS, and Kubernetes
- General understanding of scripting language – Python
- General understanding (or willingness to learn) of network protocols
- Experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
- Experience troubleshooting Network issues (bare metal, virtual, cloud)
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Experience and dedication to creating Knowledge articles
- Customer Service focused engineer
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with DevOps software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
- Familiarity with programming languages
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established global leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2’s Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.