SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity.
With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the direction and management of a team of technicians and who perform clinical testing services to determine the safety and effectiveness of consumer products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be responsible for clinic operations and oversee the execution of clinical studies in which we perform safety and efficacy tests of cosmetics and personal care products on healthy, paid panelists
- Ensure the safety of our team and the quality of execution of studies in line with profitability expectations
- Serve as an escalation point with internal and external stakeholders regarding the execution of studies
- Coordinate, as required, with other Stephens clinic sites in support of multi-site studies
- Oversee facility operation and maintenance, including preventative maintenance of clinic equipment
- Maintain facility and services through interactions with building mgmt and relevant service providers
- Develop and maintain maintenance schedules for all equipment located in the clinic
- Own supervisory responsibility of both direct and indirect reports (hiring, interviewing, selection and training of employees along with planning work, performance evaluations and termination for employees)
- Perform annual performance evaluations on direct reports, and indirect reports, as applicable.
- Review and understand financial reports relating to New Jersey site
- Work in coordination with the corporate costing team to develop and approve new cost proposals
- Work with Director of Operations to build annual budget
- Manage P&L results in line with budget expectations for studies and for the overall site
- Interact with client sponsors as needed, working in concert with principal investigators to host sponsors and provide status updates on clinic studies or answers to ad hoc client inquiries
- Support sales and marketing activities related to potential study opportunities
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in science or engineering.
- 7+ years working in a clinic or laboratory with experience following strict safety standards.
- 2+ years supervisory and operational oversight experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field in science, engineering, or business.
- 9+ years working in a clinic or laboratory with experience following strict safety standards.
- 5+ years supervisory and operational oversight experience.
- Language Skills: English advanced required.
- Mathematical Skills: intermediate required; experience with statistics preferred.
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: intermediate required, advanced preferred.
- Computer Skills: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Well organized with a strong sense of responsibility for project and time management.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills are required. Must have a sense of urgency
- 5-10% of domestic travel may be required.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback.
Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.