Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
Job Title: Lead 2D Artist (Pune Location)
**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
The Lead 2D Artist produces high quality concepts and 2d art assets in accordance with the artistic vision of the game.
He/she masters a specific style or can adapt to various styles, and coaches less experienced concept artists. You will be directly reporting to the Producer, and will be in charge of the mission mentioned below:
· Managing, rallying, and developing a 2D artists team
· Overseeing and organizing the art production to meet the requirements in terms of quality of the project while respecting technical, time and budget constraints,
· Building up the art direction for the project by working closely with the Lead concept artist in Paris
· Creating 2D assets (Avatars, Stylized 2d characters, Logos, various Ui Icons and 2d art assets, 2d backgrounds, etc…)
· Work on the art pipeline with respective studios
· Uses advanced functions of several archive and management tools or masters one specific tool usable in a project, Jira, Shotgun, Perforce, Teabox, etc.
· Suggests improvements and finds solutions on several tools used on the project.
· Anticipates and suggests improvements to his work to solve technical issues.
· Shares optimization techniques with juniors.
· Shares advice and suggestions on the application of graphic principles.
· Suggests new ideas for graphic references for the project.
· Participates in the project’s artistic direction.
· 3+ years experience in a Concept art role
· Strong knowledge of colour theory, light and tones
· Strong knowledge of shape design, composition and forms.
· Strong understanding of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design.
· Strong Photoshop skills. Basic knowledge of modeling and texturing.
· Strong communication skills and ability to work and communicate with the different art and design departments
· Ability to work within deadlines and good time management
· Strong collaborative and communication skills
· Knowledge and experience in project and resource management is a plus
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.