Description of the company
Our mission is to be the most inspiring, curated and relevant online fashion & living store. Where everyone is special.
Our customers tell us that happiness not only comes from the big moments, but especially from the small things; a spontaneous pillow fight, a compliment or a hug. That’s why we offer our customers room to experience these surprisingly beautiful moments. That is our purpose. That is how we want to make the difference.
Every day we work together to stay relevant in the e-commerce landscape and with that we get the best out of ourselves and others. We feel connected through our customer-focused vision, mission and a set of principles that provide guidance on how we work (together).
We build on the family brand of the Netherlands together every day.
We are committed and proud, constantly learning and we always help each other forward.
For our creation hub we have a vacancy of Lead Creation. The creation hub is the internal agency of Wehkamp responsible for all creative assets used across the Wehkamp estate including shop, email and social.
As a member of the Creative Hub leadership team, the Lead Creation is responsible for supporting the Creative Director and as an integral part of the Creative Hub. We are looking for a dynamic energetic industry expert who can bring energy and international ecommerce experience across both fashion and non-fashion sectors.
The focus on the roles is about supporting ideation and delivering the execution of the creative process working with the Creative Direction to step change the creative execution of creative assets.
You will be responsible for managing, coaching and developing a design team using your experience and core leadership skills. A key part of your role is to continually upskill your team with the latest industry standards and best practice approach to content creation and execution at speed within a changing dynamic environment.
You manage the relationship and technical requirements of your customers: who include the Journey Team, Shop Marketeers, Email and Social teams, under the strategic guidance of both the Head of Creation and the Creative Director for the business.
As part of your day to day work you will be responsible for building solid relationships and collaborative spirit for both you and your team with the other departments within the Creative Hub. You will liaise closely with both the Visual Content lead on a daily basis to coordinate on asset production and delivery.
As an integral part of the creative hub and as part of the Creative Management Team (CMT) you work closely to successfully execute the content strategy in collaboration with your colleagues of the creative team: planning, visual content and studio under the direction of the Head of Creation (HC) and the Creative Director (CD).
You are able to direct and lead internal resources. You have great project management skills and are able to lead and/or be part of multi-disciplinary projects teams within the hub or other teams within the Wehkamp organization as and when required.
You report to the Head of Creation and through to The Creative Director. The role balances commercial, strategic and operational considerations at every turn. As part of the creative hub as an integral part of the creative team, the design team focuses on two key elements for the business: ideation and execution.
- Ideation: From the directive of the CD, you focus on the creation of visual reference material in line with the agreed strategic brief and commercial direction. Building on the brief to create the design templates and guides for the execution of the assets. i.e. concepts for all shop, email and social templates.
- Execution: Guiding and mentoring your team in the on-time production of all assets and content created within the agreed templates and formats for all relevant channels. All is delivered in line with the brand guidelines, creative and business brief as agreed in the ideation phase to deliver all assets to best practice industry standards.
We are looking for a technically proficient and enthusiastic, self-motivated and open-minded leader, with a can do and positive attitude. You will have gained a formal qualification within Graphic design and/or desktop publishing / future media with a portfolio you have curated over your career spanning 10 years+ of industry experience working within a broad range of eCommerce companies with a focus locally and internationally.
Within the creation hub you have a very specific role and function that fits your project management skills and technical experience.
- Successful track record as a manager of a design team ideally with agency experience and broad client portfolio.
- Proven E-commerce/Retail experience
- Affinity with brand marketing and customer segmentation
- Structured and organized project manager
- Technically proficient in all required software packages and technology
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels in both Dutch and English.
The recruitment of the position is handled by the recruitment agency Brandpit: https://brandpit.nl/
BrandPit is the headhunt boutique within the digital domain. We believe that the strength of a brand is determined by the people who work there.
That is why we pay attention to character and culture in matching ambitions: A personal touch in a digital world.
For questions you can contact Brandpit via [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.