Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader.
Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for an extraordinary performance marketer to help create new user growth through Paid Media Channels.
As a member of the Performance Marketing Team, you’ll be responsible overseeing product performance across a variety of online and offline channels, leading performance creative strategy + testing, building landing page strategy, partnering with Brand and Content to create a full-funnel marketing solution, and working with teams to support Square’s core payments business and SaaS products.
This is an excellent role for candidates that have 8+ years of relevant experience and are excited about using their skills alongside a marketing team to build one of the strongest brands in FINTECH.
- Lead a team of three seasoned Performance Marketing Generalists, helping them prioritize product strategy plans, navigate cross functional and agency relationships, set top-down learning agendas and coach them in their career development
- Manage product and channel mix strategy across offline and online channels including Search, Display, Mobile, Social, TV, and Direct Mail
- Work with teams to help them with their unique product goals – whether it’s continuing to grow, constructing a GTM strategy, or focusing on international expansion
- Work with and influence senior-level team members
- Connect the dots between all the products we oversee to identify areas of collaboration across your direct reports and other teams at Square Build and execute a methodical testing framework for performance creative and landing pages, and work with agencies and internal creative teams to brief, produce, test, and scale insights
- Work with Channel Specialist Leads to ensure that overall performance goals are met within Demand Gen Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations
- Use a data-driven approach to make top-down campaign strategy and budget shifts
- Help support weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals, and other KPI’s
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and essential reporting tools, pointing out important areas of importance
- Communicate weekly updates, progress reports, timelines, and results
- Write creative briefs to determine program goals and Indicators, optimizing campaigns to maximize Return on investment
- Work with the other teams and partners to ensure acquisition goals are met.
- At least 8+ years of related performance marketing experience and 3+ years directly managing a team of three or more ABA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- A Passion for Marketing. You keep an eye on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out
- Deep understanding of creative production (specifically performance video) budgeting, timelines and testing across all marketing channels
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Robust experience working with cross functional teams/partners to achieve shared goals
- A strong grasp of Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst), A/B Testing (Optimizely or Google 360), and metrics driven (performance) marketing
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience with brand and/or content marketing, and helping connect the dots between programs to create full-funnel marketing campaigns
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- An energetic and willing attitude
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- Deep Understanding of Adwords & Facebook
- Experience with Web Tracking and Attribution
- Offline Marketing experience
- Basic SQL
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.