NEAR NORTH MONTESSORI SCHOOL
We are an independent, Montessori school in Chicago serving students and their families, starting at a parent-infant class and up to 8th grade. We are a community of shared values working to fulfill a meaningful mission.
NNM faculty, staff and parents strive for an equitable and inclusive school culture through intentional, reflective practice. We work together to challenge all students to think for themselves, pursue their ideas and become real learners for the real world.
Learn more about us on our website: www.nnms.org
We are seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Learning Resource Teacher starting for the 2021/22 school year. This teacher is part of our Learning Support Team responsible for providing remedial learning support to individual students or small groups of students as assigned at the Elementary and Junior High levels in the areas of reading and writing.
The teacher will work closely with classroom teachers, academic directors and members of the student learning support team; reports to the Director of Student Wellness.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm during the school year with adjustments or additional time as needed
- Provide small group and individual instruction to 1st through 8th grade students in reading, writing, literature or other identified areas consistent with the school’s RTI process at and around Tier 2
- Build students’ reading and writing skills to enhance phonetic awareness, reading fluency, vocabulary and general comprehension through guided instruction, games and materials
- Assess students throughout the year to understand and monitor student learning; report progress to the classroom teachers and learning support team at identified intervals or off schedule as needed
- Join parent teacher conferences to communicate progress and provide updates
- Participate and provide input in scheduled meetings, conferences and discussions with academic directors, teachers, levels and learning specialists to review and communicate student progress and concerns
- Teach elective or co-curricular classes, as schedule allows, at the elementary or junior high levels
- Attend assigned class trips, this may include a year end, week-long, overnight camp trip at the end of the school year
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with elementary level students in an educational or related setting, special education or Montessori experience strongly preferred
- Background, knowledge of and/or interest in English/Literature preferred
- Certified/trained in or willingness to be trained in: Orton-Gillingham Reading Training, Wilson Language Training, other related trainings and certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with children and adults
- Basic understanding of a child’s physical, social, emotional development
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of support and assistance; including a proficiency in working with current educational technologies and techniques
Include resume and a cover letter with your application
Full-time employment to start mid-August 2021 for the 2021/22 school year. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and background; comprehensive benefits package available
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.