Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch.
The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers, electronics, and batteries with the remainder of the indoor facility used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
Interco has an opening for a Logistics Coordinator
This position serves as the liaison between customers, suppliers, shipping facilities, and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries. The right candidate will have experience in the logistics business preferably as a logistics coordinator, transportation broker, or warehouse or 3PL scheduler.
The Logistics Coordinator books inbound and outbound freight — primarily dry vans, flatbeds, and dump trailers — throughout North America in and out of the Interco facility. Experience setting up pick-ups and deliveries and working with freight companies to get the best possible rate is critical to this position.
Candidates without direct recent experience in this capacity need not apply.
The position requires someone who is very detail-oriented with exceptional time-management and organizational skills. This person communicates well on the telephone, via email, and in person with fellow staff members. The right candidate will take great pride providing excellent service to both the customers and suppliers of Interco.
- Coordinate ground transportation of orders by truck –van trailer, flatbed, dump trailer
- Negotiate rates, ensure accuracy in pricing, quantity, and all other customer requested items on load tickets and orders.
- Prepare bills of lading and dangerous goods documents
- Review invoices for loads scheduled and compare with rate promised to ensure accuracy on both ends
- Work with cusotomers and suppliers to ensure timely transportation
- Maintain document integrity and schedules.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers to arrange pickups and deliveries.
- Prior freight logistics and brokerage experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot situations as they arise.
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with great care
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience working with ERP and/or CRM preferred
- 100% Company paid Health Insurance
- 100% Company paid Dental & Vision
- 100% Company paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- 401k with Company match
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.