Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of the company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Maintenance Supervisor (Heathrow IRC)
40 hours a week
- To manage the daily provision of FM planned and reactive maintenance including the maintenance of all security systems, emergency and safety systems, utility services and all fencing within and on the boundaries of the Centre ensuring adherence to all legislation, company policies and procedures and all contractual and relevant Home Office standards.
- To provide effective asset management including an accurate Asset Register, Asset Condition Surveys, Forward Maintenance Requirements and Lifecycle reports together with the management of FM project works including minor works across the Centre.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to facilities staff in order to maximise the efficient and effective operation of the Centre.
- Manage the daily provision of the M&E services, allocating work and ensuring SLAs/KPIs are met, including participating in daily closure of PM activity relating to Schedule C and updating of the maintenance management system to reflect this.
- Manage the provision of emergency cover outside of normal operating hours, in line with relevant security and operational instructions, legislation, contractual, company, QHSE and environmental standards
- Assist in the management of energy usage and environmental sustainability together with identifying areas for improvement and cost savings.
- Supervise M&E service sub contractors ensuring they follow security measures, operational procedures and statutory obligations.
- Conduct site inspections also audits on work undertaken by the facilities team and contractors, on a sample basis, to ensure that work is compliant and meets industry standards.
- Review service performance of both PPM and reactive maintenance tasks, using the company’s maintenance management systems, to ensure contractual compliance and continuous improvement.
- Evaluate delivery of subcontractors versus in-house facilities team to ensure the most cost effective method of delivery is used.
- Develop service improvements to add value and/or reduce costs.
- Prepare reports and documentation as requested for management information.
- Coordinate the updating of the asset register, adding new assets, undertaking asset condition surveys and updating the asset register accordingly so accurate current data is maintained
- Coach also support staff development to maximise staff performance, motivation and contribution
- Supervise also monitor staff to ensure an effective FM service is delivered in line with contractual obligations and company standards
- Complete also coordinate documentation and recording of data ensuring that all tasks are logged on and recorded on the company’s maintenance management system
- Arrange for staff to have the correct equipment, tools and materials to carry out their duties effectively.
- Manage capital projects works including minor works so there is a detailed specification also business case approved prior to commencement; they are delivered to specification, time and budget.
- Assist in promoting Health & Safety to ensure it is embedded in all FM activities.
- 18th Edition in Electrical Engineering required or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering are required.
- Substantial practical experience with a good all round knowledge of all the building services disciplines including heating, hot water, ventilating, refrigeration, environmental, electrical power distribution and public health is required.
- IOSH certificate level.
- CAFM System (Maximo or Planet Asset Management System) experience of operating at day-to day user or expert user level would be desirable.
- Environmental Impact awareness is desirable.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks also objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment.
The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.