Fashion, fun and action!
As one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, H&M offers endless career opportunities. A fast-paced, buzzing environment with great diversity that’s anything but dull – a place where the customer is always the centre of attention.
But what truly makes us stand out are our remarkable employees. From stylish Sales Advisors and Visual Merchandisers to computer whizzes and business savvy planners – all our employees share a great ambition and an anything-is-possible attitude. Not to mention an excellent eye for fashion. It’s thanks to them that we have grown – with over 4,826 stores in more than 60 markets worldwide. And we are continuing to grow!
Since we are constantly growing, we’re always on the lookout for talent – for every area of the company. Join us in an inspiring, fast-paced, exciting and ever-changing environment where your career possibilities are endless.
Do you want to be a key player in creating the best customer offer where your actions and decisions really make a difference? Do you see yourself using your commercial mindset to set our business in motion? If so, the role as Merchandise Manager might be something for you!
As an expert of the Singapore and Malaysia sales market, the Merchandise Manager’s main responsibility is to drive your concept by securing the best customer offer and by setting and driving the right stock, distribution and commercial strategy for your concept.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for enabling a great customer experience for our customers and driving meaningful growth.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Drive your concept
- Optimize net selling on your concept through setting clear commercial focuses and quantified goals and their follow up.
- Adapt the global commercial believes to local needs throughout the commercial planning on concept level.
- Act on the sales opportunities/threats together with your country sales team.
- Supply your market organization with commercial focuses in order to set the right priorities to drive your concept both short and long term
Set and drive the right stock strategy for your concept
- Set allocation and stock management strategy together with Area Teams and Supply Chain Merchandise Manager.
- Maximize the selling potential of your concept by securing the right space management in store according to the current stock situation and sales drivers.
- Secure impact in stores by matching the store stock levels with the local sales drivers and key products.
- Responsible for reduction cost of your concept. Optimize the effect of reductions through sale and activities.
- Run a concept strategy to drive sales net growth that is aligned with your quantified goals.
Create the best customer offer
- Know your market: retail situation, fashion level, competitors.
- Know your customer expectations and the price they are willing to pay for each key product at any given time.
- Influence prices, quantities, and overall buying level in collaboration with the country buying team.
Your background and skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the retail or FMCG industry
- Strong analytical mindset and the ability to act upon the findings
- Critical thinking with a strategic mindset
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Updated on and understands the local fashion retail landscape
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Self-driven and motivated to constantly improve to reach new goals
- Advanced user for Microsoft Excel
Your Leadership Skills:
- You are a values ambassador and you believe in the power of teamwork
- You have a positive growth mindset, you are inspired by challenges, you love learning and you truly believe that resilience is essential for great accomplishment
- You lead with vision and you make relevant decisions to achieve long-term results, by setting priorities and following up your results
- You are a driver, you take the ownership to set challenging goals for the business, others and yourself and you are motivated from the achievements
- Having the feedback culture in mind, you develop others by coaching, and you recognize other team members great contribution
- You motivate the team members and fellow colleagues within the global functions and countries to drive a knowledge based commercial plan approach
- You have great communication skills to be able to build relationships cross-functionally
- You want to further develop yourself and you are willing to have an international career
Are you ready to join?
This is a permanent position based in Singapore and you will become a part of the Singapore & Malaysia sales market reporting directly to the Head of Merchandising for Singapore & Malaysia.
We believe in our people and always encourage new ideas and initiatives. Along with training and leadership guidance, there’s no end to the potential for a successful and global career within H&M. Our goal is for a job at H&M to be more than just a job – it’s the beginning of a career full of opportunities!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.