You’ll make it happen!
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety. Come and join us working in Calgary to support Gahcho Ku one of the world’s greatest mines.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions
We seek talented people who share our belief in a better future for mining and are ready to make a difference. Are you one of them?
This position is eligible for employee referral bonus subject to the local Employee Referral Program policy HRM.AD.21.00. Please refer to the policy for more details.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us.
The De Beers Group has an opportunity for a Mine Planning Lead to join the Technical Services Team. The position will be based out of the Calgary Support Centre, with periodic travel to Gahcho Kué Mine required and possible infrequent international travel.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Mine Planning Lead will manage, co-ordinate and control long range strategic planning, the strategic business plan and cost model to ensure optimal recovery of mineral resources.
- Developing long-term mine plans that will maximize value, while being cognisant of safety, environmental, legal compliance and cost constraints;·
- Completing long range plans and related work, using sound mine engineering principles and standards;
- Producing plans, budgets, forecasts and reports in a timely manner to ensure integration into short-term mine plans;
- Developing, reconciling and signing off as the Competent Person on the annual Gahcho Kué Reserve model;
- Promoting, supporting and implementing sound environmental and safety management practices in line with legislation and mine policies and procedures; and
- Compiling and maintaining the Strategic Business Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering, or equivalent, with at least five years’ experience, of which three (3) years’ experience are in medium or long term strategic mine planning, including costing and financial projections and solid knowledge of environmental impacts;
- Eligible for Professional Engineering registration in the Northwest Territories;
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of mine planning software such as Deswik or related software;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities with the required sense of urgency;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and communicate with employees of various cultural and technical backgrounds, at all levels of the organization; and
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills are essential.
Who We Are: De Beers Canada
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global. Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail. In Canada we operate the Gahcho Kué Mine in the Northwest Territories, are working to advance the Chidliak Project on Baffin Island and have an active exploration program looking for Canada’s next great diamond mine.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.