For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world.
Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Mexico Regional Finance Manager (RFM) ensures financial reporting of actual, forecasted and budgeted results are provided to management within BBNA and BlueScope Corporate standards both timely and accurately for all Mexico based businesses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements; including monthly actual and forecast submissions to BBNA and BSL management, quarterly presentations, and annual audit and reporting.
- Accountability for Mexico governance including local statutory reporting, reconciliation of accounts as well as ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place to protect business assets and maintain risk management for the business. Leverage best known Oracle practices to leverage common ERP system.
- Oversee annual budget processes
- Oversee the financial governance process, including stewardship review and audit coordination (external and internal)
- Manage, mentor, and train team and ensure team members understand their role and accountabilities for performance. Foster learning, career development, and team member engagement.
- Project and Order Lifecycle Governance – Partner with Project Managers to provide support for project analysis, backlog reviews, and ensure contract values are invoiced and revenue recognized appropriately through analysis of regional unbilled receivables reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial results and report to management team via Monthly Business Review (MBR) packet and key reporting metrics and dashboards. Prepare budgets and forecasts for approval and provide clear and concise explanations of variances to actual performance on monthly basis.
- Manage legal matters for both Monterrey and Mexico City locations.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
10 years of experience with broad exposure to general accounting, standard costing, and budgeting
Oracle ERP experience
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups, and charts/graphing
- Ability to forge strong collaborative and credible relationships with leaders at all levels and external stakeholders to drive for commercial success.
- Ability to manage resources while creating opportunities for open exchange of ideas to drive change initiatives.
- Proficient knowledge of Oracle or other ERP system
- Proficient Excel skills
- Proficient in English
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
- Ability to manage prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor
- Problem solving and decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Effective team building skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.