HEARST MEDIA SERVICES
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information, and services company with more than 360 businesses.
Across every division, Hearst employees are connected by shared values of innovation, storytelling, creativity, vision, social good and partnership. We invite you to discover more about our culture, company, and community.
Hearst major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 31 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, Calif., which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Albany Times Union, more than 300 magazines around the world including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men’s Health and Car and Driver; digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.
Hearst is investing in its salesforce in the Olean, NY market and we want you to be a part of it. Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses with the financial strength to weather tumultuous times.
If you are a sales professional who has been laid off and looking for an opportunity with a company that was able to support their employees through the COVID19 economic restrictions these past few months, we would like to talk to you.
We are looking for an Account Executive to maximize advertising sales potential through the development of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products.
This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with local businesses. This position will interact and manage local agency business in the Southern Tier area for LocalEdge.
We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
· Consistently meeting/exceeding all print and digital revenue goals.
· Understanding the clients’ advertising needs and developing the ideal marketing solution for them utilizing the consultative sales approach.
· Delivering customized sales presentations in person or by phone/web-demos
· Generating new leads by making cold calls and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area
· Being the face of LocalEdge and ensuring a superior customer experience
The Ideal Candidate:
· You’re self-motivated and results oriented
· You have an outgoing, resilient personality
· You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
· You’re confident and not willing to accept average
Required Skills & Experience:
· 1+ years of sales experience with a proven record of successfully exceeding goals
· Passion to educate clients in their marketing options and close deals
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Strong computer skills, Digital Sales experience a plus
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.