We are actively seeking multiple Patient Account Collectors to join our team in Lakeland, FL ASAP! This is a call center position.
We are seeking a dedicated Patient Account Collector to join the team. In this position you will be responsible for the collection of assigned accounts and secures payment according to our guidelines and in compliance with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA.)
Provides thorough, efficient and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received. Serves the customers of the patient Account Center by making outbound telephone calls/receive inbound telephone calls with a focus on call quality, FDCPA adherence, call flow and final disposition of the accounts assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges for debt repayment or establishes a repayment schedule based on the customer’s financial situation
- Completes a Skip Trace on customers that are not responding to collection efforts
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to HIPAA
- Confer with customers to determine reasons for overdue payments and review the terms of sales, service and financial obligations
- Forwards delinquent accounts too collections department or legal when customers fail to respond to collection efforts
- Locates and monitors overdue accounts using the billing system
- Negotiates credit extension when necessary
- Notifies customers of delinquent accounts with the attempt of collecting outstanding amounts
- Performs diligence in securing all company information, including but not limited to company and patient information
- Receives payment and ensures proper posting to appropriate customer’s accounts
- Records information about financial status of customers and the status of collections efforts
- Records/updates patient personal accounts where necessary with contact information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Patient Account Collectors:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Knowledgeable in all major insurance carrier eligibility and reimbursement guidelines
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and of billing reimbursement
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- Strong customer service background
Hours for Patient Account Collectors:
- Shift is 8:30am-7pm, 4 days per week, with Sat AND Sun off and one other day during the week (but not Monday, MUST work Monday)
Advantages of this Opportunity:
· Salary is based on experience, tenure, certifications etc. (very competitive with market place)
If you’re interested in speaking in more detail, please apply today! We are scheduling interviews ASAP.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.