There’s no one else quite like you. Your skills and talents. Your personal experiences. Your point of view. Your dreams.
We build brands we are really proud of and we have a mission to create more smiles with every sip and bite. Here at PepsiCo we think like entrepreneurs. We voice opinions fearlessly. We celebrate diversity and differences. We care about growing sustainably. And we get a lot of free Doritos.
Our business covers the full product lifecycle from creating new flavours in our labs to dreaming up ad campaigns and delivering packs to stores. There’s plenty in between too. We’re home to some of the world’s favourite brands, such as Walkers, Pepsi Max, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos, Pipers, Naked, Copella, Lipton, Monster Munch and 7UP to name just a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love; through innovation and pioneering marketing of our products.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by ‘Winning with Purpose’. ‘Winning with Purpose’ reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose in to all aspects of the business.
Bring ingenuity. Bring curiosity. Bring drive. You will learn twice as much in half the time. Lets make ideas that ripple every corner of the world.
Supply Chain, Food Quality & Safety Placement Opportunities:
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. As a placement student within Supply Chain you will have the opportunity to join our 4,500 strong team who are behind these household names. As a function we are spread across 10 sites which include our Quaker Oats Mill in Cupar and our Walkers Crisp factory in Leicester – the largest crisp factory in the world.
We have opportunities across a variety of Food Quality & Safety sub-functions and locations. Below are just some of the things you may get up to:
- Delivering key Quality and Food Safety initiatives
- Driving food safety performance
- Root cause analysis
- Working on projects to drive continued improvements
Our site locations are spread across the UK and include:
Supply Chain is an exciting, fast paced and energetic environment where you will have lots of autonomy to make decisions that will really make a difference to our business. In return, you will have the chance to develop your skills and experience and gain a true insight in to the ‘PepsiCo Way’ of doing business.
Hear what some of our current undergraduate placement students have to say:
‘From day one, I have been involved in a number of projects which has allowed me to connect with many employees across various departments. Everyone I have met has been extremely helpful and supportive which has really helped me to further develop my knowledge and skills from university and apply them to real-life industrial applications. This placement has made me very eager and enthusiastic to complete my degree and fulfil a role within the manufacturing industry’
– Aimee, Supply Chain Intern
What we are looking for:
– Following path to a degree level qualification in Food Science, Food Science & Technology, Food Manufacturing, Food and Consumer Studies or equivalent
– Must be willing to relocate to one of the required sites within the UK
– Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability
– Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
– Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders
– Creativity. Bring you new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands
– Curiosity. People who are passionate about understanding consumer behaviour
– Agile. Flexible approach with the ability to work with a demanding agenda and prioritise tasks
– You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000
- Vibrant culture
- Development and mentoring
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Discounted PepsiCo products
- Competitive pension scheme
- And a whole lot more…
‘ This placement has been a great opportunity to put in to practice much of the theory learnt at University, support by people with many years of experience in the industry! With the autonomy to develop my own strategy, I am building the confidence to collaborate with people at all levels of a multi-national organisation and I have the flexibility to tailor my experience to maximise my personal development’
– Mia, Supply Chain Management Intern
Application Closing Date – 23rd October 2020
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.