GRAHAM PACKAGING PLASTIC PRODUCTS INC.
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family.
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership.
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
Plant Controllers present and analyze data to identify actual plant manufacturing results versus established objectives; provide support to develop & track additional cost savings opportunities and monitor progress of current initiatives.
This role will collaborate with senior level business unit professionals to provide insightful, data-driven analysis and support. The primary duties of a Plant Controller include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Implement/establish procedures and monitor plant compliance of internal financial/operational controls including SOX related requirements and corporate finance Building Blocks (i.e. daily production posting, customer shipments, etc.) and remediate any plant audit deficiencies.
- Develop annual budget with plant leadership to include operational productivity improvements and A3 savings analysis.
- Identify financial risks and opportunities with plant leadership team including A3 continuous improvement projects.
- Reconcile and coordinate weekly and monthly physical inventory counts in accordance with policy.
- Implement processes and procedures to minimize inventory losses due to physical adjustments, slow moving/obsolete product and ensuring FIFO adherence.
- Lead and reconcile annual tagged physical inventory.
- Maintain plant SAP asset register including annual physicals, additions, retirements and accelerated depreciation.
- Analyze and generate weekly cost control data including conversion cost to help plant leadership team impact financial results.
- Evaluate and analyze plant profitability at an SKU or mold level.
- Review and approve product standard cost accuracy including BOMs.
- Prepare and analyze monthly rest of year forecast.
- Analyze and submit plant capital requests as required.
- Monitor and maintain plant capital projects. Ensure correct capital, start up and ramp up expenses are captured.
- Execute month end close requirements in compliance with building blocks and internal financial controls.
- Ensure plant team is compliant with corporate purchasing policy and procedures.
- Educate and train staff on plant financials, spend tracking, and operational levers.
- Support initiatives and other plant functions such as safety, quality, and daily tier management.
- May include HR responsibilities such as employee relations, hourly recruiting, payroll and time & attendance.
- Other site specific functions such supply chain and/or production scheduling may be required.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting or finance or 1+ years of experience as a Plant Controller; preferably in a manufacturing industry with leadership responsibilities.
Plant Controllers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.