Powdertech Surface Science
Powdertech Surface Science offer:
- Creative and empowering employment – we are a growth company and provide coating solutions for high tech brands such as Land Rover, UK based supercar manufacturers, Spectrum Medical, Volvo and Virgin, to name a few
- Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself – as a small dynamic company you get opportunities to learn and grow faster than in large bureaucratic corporates, and we offer funded development for employees!
- A great team where we all support each other – enjoy your work – after all you spend about a third of your time here!
Powdertech Surface Science: We are a specialist, growth company, with a leadership position in surface finishing in highly regulated markets. We are proud of our leading technical expertise and novel patented technology that will drive further growth.
We are based in Bicester, in easy reach of high-tech centres such as Silverstone and Oxford and less than an hour by train from London.
The position we are seeking to fill is for a Powder Coating Engineer
- We offer a competitive salary (£30,000 – £35,000 depending on skills and qualifications)
- We offer private healthcare
- 24 days annual leave plus Public Holidays
- To celebrate our employees, we give them the day off on their birthday
- We allocate a training and development budget for employees to use to enhance their skills and personal development
The successful Powder Coating Engineer will conduct their work primarily at the company’s premises in Bicester, but with visits to suppliers and customers. He/she will have responsibilities for :-
- Engaging with customers and suppliers to truly understand the customer need and efficiently deliver a final product prototype that meets expectation
- Design coating solutions for complex products
- Undertake the coating of both prototype and low volume commercial products, to the desired specification and standard
- Write and document SOPs, methods and quality criteria
- Maintain the customer relationship and be seen as the technical “GoTo” specialist in coating
- Support Marketing and Business Development activities by engaging with prospective customers, promoting the technical excellence and capability of Powdertech Surface Science
Powder Coating Engineer Requirements:
- Proven experience in powder coating, wet spraying or surface treatment
- Be passionate about doing meticulous work and truly enjoy solving challenging technical issues
- Must be technically skilled with the ability to read technical drawings and interpret customer requirements accurately
- Must be a good listener and communicator
- Must be able to work well on your own, capable of taking good decisions to move projects forward
- Key attributes include diligence, conscientiousness, responsiveness, highly self- motivated with meticulous attention to detail
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Non-smokers and non-vapers only please
How to apply
Every application must have a covering letter and a CV. The covering letter should address the Requirements and Responsibilities outlined above, and succinctly explain why you have the skills, experience and ambition to be appointed to this role.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL LIKELY BE DISREGARDED.
If you believe you have the right qualifications and wish to be considered for this role, then please
Closing Date for applications: September 30th 2020
No recruitment agencies required