Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI.
With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We are looking for Principal Software Engineer to work on groundbreaking multichannel SaaS Digital Marketing Platform that focuses on uniquely identify the customer’s patterns, effectively interact with them across channels and achieve a positive return on marketing investment (ROMI).
The platform helps consolidate and integrates the features and functionality typically found in stand-alone services and channel-specific messaging platforms to give marketers a tightly integrated, easily orchestrated, insights-driven, crosschannel marketing capability.
Primary role of the Principal Software Engineer is to envision and build internet scale services on Cloud using Java and Big Data stack as Technical System Architect for multiple product teams.
Drive long-term product visions with key technology and architecture decisions alongside DevOps evolution having both functional and non-functional requirements satisfied.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of product with technologies involving Enterprise Java and Distributed technologies on Cloud, DevOps Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with developers, product manager, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results
- Assist in the design and implementation process for new products, research and create POC for possible solutions
- Help develop components based on business and/or application requirements
- Drive Test Driven Development with unit tests in accordance with team policies & procedures
- Advice and mentor team members in specialized technical areas with key technology and architecture decisions
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- 12+ years’ experience in Core Java and Enterprise Java Technologies (J2EE technologies (Servlets, Java scripts, JPA and Web/UI technologies, Angular, CSS/HTML))
- Solid Experience in the following technologies
– Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
– Spark, Python, Streaming and Batch Analytics processes
- Experience in open source frameworks (OSS) like Spring IO, Spring MVC, Spring Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Experience in following Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, DB tools, Bitbucket/JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with the following Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.x, Jboss 4.0
- Can develop SOA services and good knowledge of REST API and Micro service architectures
- Solid knowledge of web architectural and design patterns
- Solid understanding of software security practices including user authentication and authorization, data validation and an understanding of common DOS and SQL injection techniques
- Experience with profiling, code coverage, logging, common IDE’s and other development tools
- Scripting Languages: JSP & Servlets, XML, HTML, Python and Bash
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies – SCRUM and Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics and IT organizations
- Ability to work effectively in short-cycle, team-oriented environment, managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
– Team player with excellent interpersonal collaboration skills
– Strong verbal and written communication
– Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges with high energy levels
– Self-motivated, directed and passionate
Nice to have qualifications:
- Java Certifications
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis with relational database modeling principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of Data Technologies in the Cloud such as AWS services of compute, storage, messaging, RDS/Redshift or Snowflake
- Nice to have strong skills in writing SQL queries (Oracle/SQL Server/Warehouse/NoSQL)
- Basic UNIX/Linux knowledge/exposure is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Nice to have proven expertise in ETL/ELT tooling such as Nifi, Pentaho, Integration Services, Informatica, Data Pipeline, Glue
- Functional knowledge of CRM, Marketing, Loyalty
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
- Strong time management skills with accountability
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.