When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine.
As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning news, business and finance, lifestyle, entertainment and sport, we pride ourselves on creating and curating quality content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
We are looking for a junior to mid-weight digital designer who is ready to take the next step in their career and join Nine Publishing.
As a digital product designer you will join a small and agile team of problem solvers, helping to concept, design and build world class digital products. You will work closely with fellow designers, product managers, technical teams and researchers to create compelling and meaningful user experiences across web, native apps and other distribution channels.
You will report to the Senior Managing Product Designer of our masthead products, which include The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age websites and apps. You will contribute to a number of different work streams aligned to your skill set and be given the opportunity to advance your design abilities across a range of disciplines.
What you’ll learn at Nine;
- How to think beyond designs and prototypes – applying design thinking approaches to the product development lifecycle.
- How to clearly define problems and frame your design decisions with rationale, data and research insights to increase the potential for product success.
- How to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to generate ideas while ensuring the right problems are being solved.
About the team
The Product team under Nine’s Publishing division is responsible for shaping the digital product experience for Nine Digital and Publishing’s wealth of properties. To do this, Product collaborates with partners from every part of Nine to understand audiences and create meaningful experiences that power Nine’s ambitious growth goals.
Are you someone who possesses:
- motivation and dedication to delivering high quality work.
- a growth mindset and willingness to learn and try new ways of working.
- the appetite to work in a highly collaborative environment.
If you answered (yes!) to these questions and have the skills and knowledge listed below, we want to hear from you.
- Hands-on experience working as a digital designer.
- Experience using industry standard UI design tools, and knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Understanding of design patterns across multiple platforms.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate your thinking to other team members.
- Ability to think broadly and creatively, and a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving.
If you’re looking for your next challenge in a fun, rewarding environment, then this could be the role for you. Our people move fast and act smart: if this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Apply today by submitting your update-to-date resume and a hard-copy/link to your latest portfolio of work.
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Please Note: Unrestricted Australian working rights are required for this position. Only Australian Citizens / PR Holders may apply.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.