When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine.
As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning news, business and finance, lifestyle, entertainment and sport, we pride ourselves on creating and curating quality content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
The Australian Financial Review has a proud heritage as the country’s leading business & finance publication. We strive to deliver innovative products that build trust and meet the needs of our loyal audience. Products that support independent journalism of a newsroom that is the voice of authority for business, finance and politics in Australia.
To help us continue to grow our offerings, we’re in search of a passionate, ambitious and experienced product manager to work alongside the Head of Product (Financial Review) in leading our product & technology team.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a proven ability to manage and execute the full lifecycle of product production — from conception through to release. Highly skilled in identifying the right problems your team(s) should solve, with a laser focus ability to prioritize which problems to solve first (and which can wait), and confident and clear approach to communicating the rationale behind these decisions to the project team and other stakeholders.
If you are looking for a collaborative role in a team that delivers high impact products affecting genuine economic change, and support independent journalism across Australia, along with the genuine opportunity for career development & growth, we would like to hear from you today.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product/feature launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product/feature development by engineering teams
- Work with the Head of Product (Financial Review) on product strategy, business cases, design briefs, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze audience data to develop strategies, and define product objectives for effective delivery of features.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, editorial and marketing teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for Financial Review products
To be sucessful in this role, our ideal candidate will have;
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role (3 years min)
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Experience working within a Agile environment
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in product, design or related field
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Please Note: Unrestricted Australian working rights are required for this position. Only Australian Citizens / PR Holders may apply.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.